Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: APPT Macau Trip Report part 2, I’m Bond18 Bitch, Main Event

[ QUOTE ]
“Yea well, I lost $61,000 of an 18 year olds money”

[/ QUOTE ]
as someone who lost a shitton of money staking ppl over wsop i'd say it'd prob be a lil annoying if my horses were doing this iunno

[ QUOTE ]
Villain in the hand was a young German kid who for some reason was dressed like a very much toned down lil’holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL i think this kid was at my table for a bit, he had a beanie on, big black sunglasses, and a jacob watch that was like turned upside down? seemed to play soso to weak, but never really picked up many hands at my table

[ QUOTE ]
hold Ad9d in the BB.
Preflop: Folds to SB, SB completes, I raise to 600, SB calls. SB is a 30ish Asian guy from Hong Kong who seems mostly straight forward though is a bit more TAG than most of the newer players.
Flop: Ah 7c 5d
SB leads 1000. I call.
Turn: 7d
SB leads 3000. I go into the tank. Leading this flop and betting so large by the SB has really been unlike him so far, but I’m almost 100% positive he’s raising AJ+ here pre flop. I think the only A he shows up with that beats me here is AT, and if that’s the case I’ll suck him out a good % of the time anyway. I look over at his stack and find he’s left himself with about 2400, and move in. He taps the table and folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

...you have the best hand. and the best draw. just call him down of course!

[ QUOTE ]
River: Th
Scotty checks. I bet 3000. After about 3 seconds he check min raises to 6000.

[/ QUOTE ]
meh wtf hate his play cause it really looks like you have trips he should jam. i call of course. scotty seemed like a really nice guy in person.

[ QUOTE ]
The very next hand I get involved again. The UTG player is a young Australian who seems tight and decent but is more so a live cash games player. I hold AKo in the SB.
His stack: ~11k
My stack: ~14k
Preflop: UTG raises to 525 (he wasn’t opening too much, especially not in EP) folds to me in the SB,I call, BB folds.

[/ QUOTE ]
i got put in a pretty weird spot too against a really tight EP opener with AK. i'm used to really aggro short online games where AK is the niggity nutssss preflop as long as stacks aren't > 200bb. he opened UTG and i had AK otb and really thought about just mucking as stacks were kinda awkward if i raised. i went ahead and raised though and got it allin against another AK. probably not a good play by me though i like how you played yours at that level