Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 11:50 AM

Default Re: 2007-08 North Carolina Tar Heels Basketball (San Antonio Here We C

ligastar,
sorry you're not gonna get to see unc v l'ville.

even though a part of me wants unc to never be tested and win the national championship with ease, i really wanted to see this game.

damn mormons!
Old 11-24-2007, 01:20 PM

I am dragging this morning at work from the late start on the game last night but it was a good one. UNC is very good when they are getting consistent scoring from outside. Looking forward to tonight.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:50 PM

louisville wasn't going to have padgett anyway (who should actually be at unc anyway)
Old 11-24-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ligastar,
sorry you're not gonna get to see unc v l'ville.

even though a part of me wants unc to never be tested and win the national championship with ease, i really wanted to see this game.

damn mormons!

[/ QUOTE ]

keepitreal,

I saw the last 12 minutes of the L'ville v B.Y.U. game and B.Y.U. is the better team right now. L'ville simply couldn't rebound. The fact that they lost 2 key frontline players is really hurting them. Also, today will be L'ville's 3rd game in 4 days. B.Y.U. right now is a better challenge for the Heels tonight.

Keep an eye out for #44 Trent Plaisted (Junior, 6'11"). He had 3 dunks in the 12 minutes I saw and shot 10 for 16 for the game with 12 boards. He and Pyscho T will be doing battle tonight.

I didn't know if cameras were allowed so I didn't take mine but several ppl had cameras. Some ppl went down to a few feet off the court and got some pix of UNC during pre-game warm ups. I'll be taking my camera tonight and will have some sweet pix for the UNCs fans here.

As for the ODU game:

- ODU had a strong contingent of fans and it made for a great atmosphere. During the 2nd TV timeout I saw 3 ODU fans get kicked out of the arena.

- The guards (Lawson, Ellington, Ginyard and Frasor) played lights out. Lawson especially had a great game. He raced down the length of the court 3 times and layed it in before B.Y.U. even knew he was past them. One time he used the 7'3" B.Y.U. center as a shield all the way from 1/2 court to the basket. The tall guy didn't even know Ty was on his hip the entire time. I lol'd. When Lawson plays like he did (he was dishing some nasty inside passes, several of which Deon and Alex fumbled) we are a very difficult team to compete against.

- Deon Thompson still looks lost and inept. His defense is weak. Stepheson played with a lot of heart and I feel deserves to be in the starting line-up.

- Danny Green is instant offense and a key component in this team's continued development.

- Even though UNC shot 71% from the field, ODU played with a lot of heart and showed some grittiness on the defensive end.

- ODU's coach had the ball with 25 seconds left and elected to milk the clock down to 3 seconds before shooting to make sure UNC didn't reach triple figures in scoring.

- The Orleans Arena waitresses working the V.I.P. seating on the floor had the sluttiest outfits I've ever seen for an Arena work staff. They are like cutoff sweatshirts with the sweatshirt hanging off one of the shoulders. I'm really not sure what is stopping the sweatshirt from slipping down more and exposing their tee tas.

- Tyler comes out for pre-game warmups/stretching with Jonas with him by his side (Jonas Sahratian - Strength & Conditioning Coordinator)

- Eric Montross and Steve Kirschner (UNC's SID) were behind me in the Orleans taxi line.

Tonight's game is 10:30 eastern on ESPN2. Let's get it done Heels!
Old 11-24-2007, 05:45 PM

while Duke is playing back to back games vs Illinois and Marquette in Hawaii, UNC is at home playing South Carolina State and ODU (getting ready for March huh Roy? f'ing cupckae schedule)... go to hell Carolina, go to hell
Old 11-24-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
while Duke is playing back to back games vs Illinois and Marquette in Hawaii, UNC is at home playing South Carolina State and ODU (getting ready for March huh Roy? f'ing cupckae schedule)... go to hell Carolina, go to hell

[/ QUOTE ]

The B,

You are getting old very quickly. Two years ago I was making similar posts like you and then realized how I wasn't accomplishing anything ... that I was actually making UNC fans look weak.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
while Duke is playing back to back games vs Illinois and Marquette in Hawaii, UNC is at home playing South Carolina State and ODU (getting ready for March huh Roy? f'ing cupcake schedule)... go to hell Carolina, go to hell

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not our fault that louisville lost to byu.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey F@G. We play @tOSU, @Kentucky the next week or two. Get over yourself. tOSU isn't that good but should be a decent test. @kentucky isn't that great but shouldn't be that bad. As others have stated, it isn't our fault that Louisville lost. BYU isn't easy anyways. Very good test tonight.

Duke has a tough OOC this year. It's not like we've scheduled cupcakes, they just aren't as good. Illinois really isn't that great this year. Marquette is good but overrated, James is probally the most overrated player in college basketball. You guys also have Pitt coming up.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:37 AM

What a gutsy performance by the team. I mentioned in the first post of this thread that we had 3 PGs and this game illustrated this fact. With Lawson going down before the first TV timeout it was critical to have experienced PGs behind them. QT and Frasor didn't play lights out but they were able to keep the offense plugging along. The team only had 10 TOs in the game.

I thought Ginyard was the key player tonight. Roy put Ginyard on Tavernnari (#45 for B.Y.U.) in the 2nd half and his offense dried up. Green was huge with 3 steals and 14 points. Stepheson keeps on impressing with 9 boards, 2 assists and 0 TOs. He battled hard inside all night.

I managed to snag a 2nd row seat behind the basket opposite the UNC bench. I was riding Plaisted (#44 for B.Y.U.) the entire 2nd half. Whenever he came in the paint I yelled, "watch the elbows #44, quit fouling #44, I'm watching you." I did this the entire half. I'm like 20 feet from him so he hears me the entire time. With about 50 seconds left I'm yelling at him during a side out and he looks over at me with this wearied look on his face. I was half expecting to see my name in the box score for my efforts. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I saw Eddie Murray (ex Baltimore Oriole) and Jerry Tarkanian during the game.

Here are some pictures I took. I would have much more but my battery died before the game.

<u>Here are the cocktail girls I was speaking about</u>

This excerpt is from the AP write up (note the Monroe impersonator was like 60 yrs old, lol, only in Vegas ... the girl in the middle had a crazy tramp stamp with a 4 leaf clover in the middle):

The fans got a splendid Sin City experience during the holiday weekend, complete with the Orleans' heavily tattooed arena waitresses and the Marilyn Monroe impersonator who sang the national anthem.

<u>Psycho T</u>

<u>Lawson warming up</u>

<u>Ellington tunes up the long range jumper</u>

<u>Frasor works on the jumper</u>

<u>The back of Dickie V's bald head</u>

Old 11-25-2007, 09:05 PM

Awesome pics ligastar. Jealous that you got to see the Heels in Vegas the lats two nights.

First off, I was really impressed by BYU. Plaisted is going to make some good money playing in the NBA as he has good speed, quickness and post moves. If he ever learns to get more aggressive with the ball and start to dunk it inside instead of laying it up he could be a really good NBA player.

Second of all, we have to address the post situation. Deon Thompson had zero rebounds in 20 minutes, which simply will not get it done. I'm not sure if we need to give him more time or if we should strongly consider starting Stepheson or Green, but something needs to be done with that. To be honest, I miss Deon when he weighed about 30 more pounds.

Danny Green and Ginyard are both playing so well and doing the many little things that it takes to win. I love the fact that we have two glue guys who contribute so many things to the team that don't show up in the stat sheets. Green has improved his decision making a lot this year IMO.

I've not been that impressed with us so far this year, but the fact that we are beating quality opponents while playing our C game is a good sign for the rest of the year. We beat a team that will be seeded somewhere between a 7-10 seed in the NCAA tournament without our starting PG pretty much.