Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 10:33 PM

Default Re: 5 Things To Do Pre-Flop

I think #1 checking your hole cards first is relative to your position. IF you are UTG then checking your cards would be the first thing to do. But if you are on the BTN or SB or BB then checking the action, players and stacks happens before checking your cards.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:18 PM

I agree with you. You want to watch everyone look at their cards to try and pick up any tells before you look at yours. However, I think you might have misunderstood me in my post. I wasn't talking about the ORDER you do thing in but the order of IMPORTANCE that thing those things come into play...Thanks for replying.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:31 AM

oh yeah ok I see. But what about this... in NLHE, if you know your opponents well, then your cards dont even matter that much. You could theoretically play with out seeing your whole cards and just play based on knowing your opponent.
Didnt B. Greenstein say Limit holdem is about your cards and No limit holdem is about their cards?
Old 11-24-2007, 10:39 AM

Good Point. I guess thats a perfect reason for constistantly playing the same hand differently [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
And I guess you can always hope that they haven't decided to change up their game when when you're not looking at your cards (jk). A good example of this is Gus Hansen. Used to play every hand and now has really tightened up, but every once in a while will go back to that wide open style.