Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 03:13 AM

Default Re: Mezkit - thanks but if you change your mind about quitting

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I was pretty disappointed with the multi-player aspect of my EVE experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree with you though im still playing it (but havent logged on for a month for more then a skill change).

The last corp i was in was pretty nice. They were a few guys fro maustriala and it was fun. However, we did not group much.

L4 missions are solo anyway, and L5 are not worth it.
We did not do anything with any moon bases so no grouping there.
We didnt do PvP either so no grouping as well.

Basically, in WoW you are conditioned to need groups from the earliest levels (VC anyone?). In EvE (in my limited experience) is that you only need groups for larger things.

There are also some other reasons why i think grouping is a lot less popular (from my particular experience of course)
Old 09-18-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I was pretty disappointed with the multi-player aspect of my EVE experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eve is rather open ended. The multi-player aspect is there if you join a corp and pvp/mission/mine with it. You just have to actually try.

Afk flying unfit ships makes me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] but that is some [censored] griefing someone did to you since there is absolutely no gain for them in that. Best they could have done is salvage...

Your HAC getting jammed that badly is pretty [censored] too, sounds like a pretty lame mission setup. Jamming rats are really retarded.

However, you could have borrowed money from any of us to keep going if you wanted to. Still can really if you ever have an interest in playing again.

Anyway o7, i'd say the twoplustwo channel has been quieter without you but you really only talked to chigger [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Just thought I'd throw in my two isk's about group activities and corporations. The important thing to know is that not all corps are created equal. If you don't like the one your in or how it is run look for another. There is a recruitment section in the EVE forums that has corps recruiting for various types of play (mining, pvp, industrial, merc, ect.). Or ask any of us that are in corps and you can probably join up. My corp is recruiting and we have no skill point requirement. We also do a little of everything. We have members that specialize in trade, PVP, mining, manufacturing, missions and invention, and corp lobby ballbusting. We also have a POS (soon to be 2).

That being said it is still difficult to get events organized sometimes. Being in similar timezones as the rest of your corp helps, but RL has a way of getting in the way of planned events. Some of the most fun we've had is when someone says " hey lets go camp system XYZ" or "who's up for a roaming assault frig gang?" I can say for sure that my gaming time is a lot more fun since I've been in a player run corp, even my first corp which was not as well run as my current corp (I spent my first 3-4 month's in the noob corp).

In other news, I have challenged a corpmate to an industrial ship dual. Should be good fun.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2007, 06:01 PM

So do the eve people think i'm a super account fish or did everyone get this:
[ QUOTE ]

It's lonely sometimes, in deep, dark space. All those vessels zooming by, going every which way, chattering excitedly with their corp mates or just each other on local, while you're left all alone, your lasers forlornly nibbling away at an asteroid.

Sometimes you wish you had someone there, by your side. Someone who could share in the good and the bad: Pat you on the back after a long day of hauling, clap excitedly when you take down a pirate, and cry for you when you're blown to shreds with a full set of implants. Someone you can trust. Someone you can rely on. Someone you can feed to the gatecampers when you need to make a quick getaway.

We can give you that someone. We can bring that new dimension to your life, that special fluttery moment when you realize there are now two of you going through life's hardships. Together. As a Power of 2

This offer is good only until the 4th of November 2007, and costs 49.95. After the six months the subscription of your new account will expire but you'll have choice in which manner you want to renew your subscription. Note that this offer is only available for credit cards and Direct Debit.

[/ QUOTE ].

Do they know i have four accounts [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].
Old 11-21-2007, 12:52 AM

ddubois,

I'm sorry to read that things went so bad for you on Eve. If you decide to come back, I'm sure a few of us would be glad give you some ISK. I wish things hadn't gone so bad for you. I playing when you had your Battleship ganked and by what you wrote, you were very upset. Take care, and you are always welcome back on the twoplustwo channel.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:55 AM

Default Re: Anyone play Eve-Online? [MMO]

vulturesrow,

I hope you are still enjoying the game. I haven't been on for a while but, I should be back on soon.