Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 03:24 PM

Default Re: more Hand Reading practice

Hero: Assuming you are a decent TAG, your SB calling range here PF is limited to low-mid PP's. I don't see Hero CC with any suited connectors here OOP against an almost certain series of cbets. JJ-AA, KQs+ would all be 3bet PF. With the flop action it is unlikely that hero has flopped a set. There are many draws that villain can have here and it would be more +EV to just play the set fast against this villain. I still don't think that SC are likely b/c of the PF CC from the blinds, but I think J9s, 910 both play the flop the same, as well as any weird low SC's that have FD's along with them. 97s would probably raise, so Ill throw that out. 77, 99 are both possibilities. Basically, you are on a draw or have a decent, but not great, made hand. I am leaning towards the latter.

Hero will probably not call this turn with a non-made hand. If a draw hits the river, villain may check behind which eliminates the implied odds that you would need to justify calling the turn bet.

With the river action, hero obv was not on a draw and did not flop a set. Only likely holdings for hero are 77, 99 and MAYBE some weird J10 or 910 hand, but unlikely IMO given the PF CC. So I am going with 77 or 99, both which I think may warrant a call against this villain.

For villain, his range is very wide here. Any SC with a draw / pair, a flopped set or an overpair would take these lines. He may even be just jamming it because he thinks you are weak (these series of call downs are probably not the reg. for you as a TAG (assuming you are a TAG)). If we have 77 or 99 or a ten, it is likely we are ahead of enough of his range to call this river bet. 77 would suck because there are many 8's and 10's in his range, and the 99 eliminates at least the 8's.

I call this river with 77, 99 and any ten.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:52 PM

Default Re: more Hand Reading practice

so basically the consensus is that we are calling with our 99 here and Villains line looks much like a busted draw or similar.?

Villain flips KJo and shortly afterwards calls me a [censored] donkey for calling his "obvious Overpair"