Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2006, 09:10 AM

Default AA in the BB, 55 OTB

Heros first hand at the table.

<font color="black"> Hand 1 </font>
Button is 40/3/1.1 FF-42, SB is 27/18/2.7,

Button open limps, SB completes, Hero raises from the BB and both call.

Flop - 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero bets, Button calls, SB folds

Turn - 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets, Button calls

River - 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Button bets, Hero calls.

<font color="blue"> I expected Villain to bet everything that I beat that would have called aswell as a flush draw. Should I bet/fold here, or check/call?</font>

<font color="black"> Hand 2 </font>
Hero has 55 OTB, UTG is Villain from Hand 1, 40/3/1.1 FF-42

UTG limps, 2 fold, Hero limps, Blinds call/check

Flop - A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Blinds check, UTG checks, Hero bets, Blinds fold, UTG calls

Turn - 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG calls

River - 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG bets, Hero?

True
Old 03-21-2006, 09:28 AM

Default Re: AA in the BB, 55 OTB

Hand 1

I think a bet/fold gets more value here. If Villain actually would bet everything that you beat, then of course check/call is right, but I'm not buying it. Judging by his stats, I'm thinking he checks behind lots of marginal pair hands and Ace, maybe even King high hands that he would've called with. When he does bluff with a hopeless hand, it's not often enough to make up for the lost value.

If his stats were a little LAGgier, like 45/10/2, I could go for it. Or if you have a read that he'll bet even his most marginal hands as a value/bluff here, then I could go for it. Or if you have a read that he'll bluff/raise rivers with trash, then I could go for it.

Hand 2

I raise preflop here, depending on the blinds, or if Villain was a tad looser. Hurray for the Button, I miss this flop bet a lot, although not on this board. Turn is straighforward, and I don't see the question on the river. The guy is LPP, but he's not super passive. (As exhibited by your desire to let him value bet your Aces in hand one.) This could be all sorts of two pair hands and I think it's an easy call. Folding and raising are out of the question IMO. Folding because we're best often, and raising because it opens us up to 3-bet, and it's a disaster when we fold to a two pair 3-bet.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:34 AM

Hand 1
I was trying to work out whath hands he would call with. I thought his range was largely made up of diamonds and he may bluff those but wouldn't call them.

Hand 2
The river I was debating a raise as his flop fold is high I couldn't put many 7s in his range.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:35 AM

Hand 1

I prefer the check call river, as opposed to bet fold river line with this hand.

I think that you are more likely to induce a bluff from a pair that puts you on overcards, than a call if you bet.

Hand 2

Its a scary river card, but I call and hope that UTG is donking an Ace or just made 2 pair on the river.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2
The river I was debating a raise as his flop fold is high I couldn't put many 7s in his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

By assuming that he stays in on the flop with any 7x hand that paired the 6 or 4 (but probably not A since that would be a bet), or 75 (discounted cuz pf) or maybe some 78 (discounted a lot) or 77, thats 33 possibilities, lets also count 66 and 88, cuz they might do this. so 39

The ways he makes two pair by the river (i think its okay to count all combinations [except those that had just aces on flop] because all of them might play this wait till river to pop line) so thats A4 (12), A6 (12), 64 (9, but hes not SO loose to play all of those all the time so lets just count suited and two extra: 4), 65 (3), 68 (4, discounted like 64), 48 (1 discounted a lot), 54 (4 discounted), 44 is also possible (3). so thats 42.

I dont know this isn't very carefull, but i think roughly its pretty close EV to raise or call, and they are both pretty close to 0.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:08 AM

But wait he is much more likely to 3 bet with something that beats you, and you always have to call because 2 pair might just be going crazy just enough, so never mind I think this must be a call.

Kai