Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Zero Rake Poker Business plan

Tuffness,

I didn't read anything except the OP cause I'm sure it's full of garbage posts, but do you explain how this site would stay afloat?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tuffness,

I didn't read anything except the OP cause I'm sure it's full of garbage posts, but do you explain how this site would stay afloat?

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I am not Tuff himself - but here is an ill-conceived and likely badly flawed idea of how such may work...

IIRC Rakefree is a requirement for running legal homegames in the USA, this is the primary motivation - legal poker in the "Land of the Free"

Firstly, there is no "site" that must stay afloat.. this rake-free "homegame network" runs on similar principles to those of CounterStrike games - i.e anyone anywhere can host a table, and anyone anywhere is free to join.

There is at maybe a central payment processor / cashier / bank. This may be operated on a cleared funds only / cash basis, to avoid penalty of charge backs. This may be a central authority - or preferably it is greatly distributed... the host of a "bank" could potentially make money... this is probably the hardest part of the operation to solve. Game security could be implemented on a trust system... If the "bank" that holds your money distrusts the server running the games, no funds allocated, you cannot sit. EDIT: Maybe, one could use real banks - nothing illegal here, after all? /EDIT.

A Central game list is not required, game servers can be run with a p2p style ability to query their neighbors and so on - you fire up a server, once it connects to the "homegame network" it can discover home games that are running across the planet. Similar to Tor / FreeNet. Maybe a tracker style sysstem like torrent would be better, who knows at this point.

And so on. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

There is a lot of stuff in Ray Bonnert's "Honest Holdem" bot posts hidden among the spam, techniques that could be used to verify the integrity of the deal in an untrusted network etc.

I am fairly sure this could be implemented very soon for play money.. the real problem is the payments processing, and the trust required therein [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tuffness,

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I am not Tuff himself - but here is an ill-conceived and likely badly flawed idea of how such may work...

IIRC Rakefree is a requirement for running legal homegames in the USA, this is the primary motivation - legal poker in the "Land of the Free"

Firstly, there is no "site" that must stay afloat.. this rake-free "homegame network" runs on similar principles to those of CounterStrike games - i.e anyone anywhere can host a table, and anyone anywhere is free to join.

There is at maybe a central payment processor / cashier / bank. This may be operated on a cleared funds only / cash basis, to avoid penalty of charge backs. This may be a central authority - or preferably it is greatly distributed... the host of a "bank" could potentially make money... this is probably the hardest part of the operation to solve. Game security could be implemented on a trust system... If the "bank" that holds your money distrusts the server running the games, no funds allocated, you cannot sit. EDIT: Maybe, one could use real banks - nothing illegal here, after all? /EDIT.

A Central game list is not required, game servers can be run with a p2p style ability to query their neighbors and so on - you fire up a server, once it connects to the "homegame network" it can discover home games that are running across the planet. Similar to Tor / FreeNet. Maybe a tracker style sysstem like torrent would be better, who knows at this point.

And so on. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

There is a lot of stuff in Ray Bonnert's "Honest Holdem" bot posts hidden among the spam, techniques that could be used to verify the integrity of the deal in an untrusted network etc.

I am fairly sure this could be implemented very soon for play money.. the real problem is the payments processing, and the trust required therein [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think something like this would make for a good start. Basically a peer-to-peer play-money system where it can be verified that nobody is cheating could be used to get the ball rolling and then if that was proven to work properly a real-money version could be thought about.

I'll have to read some of Ray Bonnert's old "Honest Holdem" posts - I just assumed they were spam, but it sounds like their might actually be some interesting stuff within them. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think something like this would make for a good start. Basically a peer-to-peer play-money system where it can be verified that nobody is cheating could be used to get the ball rolling and then if that was proven to work properly a real-money version could be thought about.

I'll have to read some of Ray Bonnert's old "Honest Holdem" posts - I just assumed they were spam, but it sounds like their might actually be some interesting stuff within them. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm looking into some of the p2p frameworks (currently JXTA) with the goal of creating a p2p poker system.

I think the key, rather than worrying about play money and real money, is to disassociate the system from actual payment. So some third party may be exchanging money based on the outcome of a game, but the system knows nothing about it. Then any payment systems (legal, hopefully) will come about organically on what should be a pretty level playing field.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:46 PM

Record another vid plz