Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Re: blindstealing raise sizes

I'm not so sure I like it. SOunds like we are scared of being outplayed. I mean sure, i can see the argument that it is an autodefend vs 3betting and can see me doing it vs agressive 3betters in the blinds.
But in general I'm assuming that 4x is the better bet because I am assuming that we cbet profitably (especially when IP) and thus more money in the pot = more money won.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not so sure I like it. SOunds like we are scared of being outplayed. I mean sure, i can see the argument that it is an autodefend vs 3betting and can see me doing it vs agressive 3betters in the blinds.
But in general I'm assuming that 4x is the better bet because I am assuming that we cbet profitably (especially when IP) and thus more money in the pot = more money won.

[/ QUOTE ]

remember who we are making our money off. it is probably a good idea to keep the pot small when our edge is less.

also why would we want to bet more than we need. it depends on how the smaller raise affects there range. against really nitty players maybe you could minraise the button or raise 2.5x. it would then be up to them to adapt since remaining as tight as they like to be would be a leak considering the odds they are getting.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:05 PM

Mmmmmmm I think I've gotta think this through for a bit (loved both videos btw). The idea of being able to setmine/SC-monstermine vs 3bets is pretty nice.
I mean if they use the lower range it's 3->9 = 6 more and the upper bonds would be 3->12 = 9 more
I think I'm willing to roughly call 8-8.5 due to implied odds alone.

p.s.: Anyone having problems with the vids, they worked fine for me using the Windows Media versions (and changing to fullscreen because otherwise one only sees the left tabel)
Old 11-17-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

remember who we are making our money off. it is probably a good idea to keep the pot small when our edge is less.

[/ QUOTE ]

you've touched on the most important point, but it's not to do with our edge.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:48 AM

"But in general I'm assuming that 4x is the better bet because I am assuming that we cbet profitably (especially when IP) and thus more money in the pot = more money won. "

Fwiw, I think I'm called by the blinds about 10% of the time, so my cbet against these tight (exploitable) multi tablers is not as important to me.

Also, as a sidenote, honestly I do not do this all the time, specifically when I am 4+ tabling because it gets to be to much of a hassle in many situations to worry about. Then my default becomes a basis of what I feel works best for the table and the stack sizes behind me(and how good/bad any players behind me are). 2 tabling though, with all the time in the world to think, I definately try and mix it up quite a bit more since I have more specific reads.

Another thing is ya'll need to worry less about being exploited. If I raised pp's to 4 and everything else to 3, I highly doubt anyone would pick up on it for a LONG time at 1/2.

And lastly, I like to keep pots slightly smaller when I do have position because, as you might have noticed, I fire a decent # of 2nd barrels on anything resembling a scare card, and 2nd barrels work better when you have a huge 3rd barrel waiting in the wings.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:00 AM

I raise the same almost always, the ONLY time I change sizes in when their are limpers (obviously), I'm OOP, or when they are short or we're really deep.

I think the last one should be pretty obvious but it missed by many people.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what does it have to do with?
Old 11-19-2007, 06:19 PM

Carrotsnake:
"And lastly, I like to keep pots slightly smaller when I do have position because, as you might have noticed, I fire a decent # of 2nd barrels on anything resembling a scare card, and 2nd barrels work better when you have a huge 3rd barrel waiting in the wings."

hmmmm...i don't know if this makes much sense, doesn't 3/4 pot size bets allow for a big river bet.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:42 PM

sure, but I can keep the 3/4ths smaller on the river, and its still a 3/4ths bet. Size of river bets usually don't care people do, but river bets themself do. By "huge 3rd barrel", I mean the 3rd barrel itself, though I do overbet shove sometimes. In the other thread you asked why you would raise to 3. I contend with why you wouldn't with 2 regulars in the blinds. They almost never just call you at ssnl anyway. If you notice, with other, looser players in the blinds, I didn't say to raise to 3, and I normally raised larger(though it depends on their postflop tendencies a tad)
Old 11-19-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what does it have to do with?

[/ QUOTE ]

we want to play smaller pots with our wide range. Plus, we are in position so we want to be deeper.