Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 06:16 PM

Default Re: fish donking the river

I think this is a really easy call. Fish donk at all sorts of strange cards. I'm often surprised at what I see at showdown. A donk bet is weaker hand way more than 1/10. If this was multiway, then that changes everything obviously.

I'd call, make a note, and keep calling this villain in this spot until I have a read that he is incapable of bluffing.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He has a flush most of the time, you can't raise.

Those discount the flush? why, he played his hand like a flush draw, and bet when it hits. Looks like a flush to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

not saying raising is right, but imo we do have to discount flushes compared to say K4. i think a loose passive is much more likely to check raise a player who has shown strength throughout the hand with a flush than with a weak two-pair. my guess is if he has a flush he c/r here around 40-60% of the time.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
folding here is bad.

I played those stakes as well and regardless of limits when fish donks here they can have a lot more than flushes.

Getting 10.5 he needs to have you beat about 92% for you to fold.

Seriously. You cant ever fold here unless you have a VERY VERY good read.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, look at the numbers, i dont get why the guy above said if ur good 50% then do something, this isnt a raising spot clearly, call and take notes
Old 11-18-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He has a flush most of the time, you can't raise.

Those discount the flush? why, he played his hand like a flush draw, and bet when it hits. Looks like a flush to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

not saying raising is right, but imo we do have to discount flushes compared to say K4. i think a loose passive is much more likely to check raise a player who has shown strength throughout the hand with a flush than with a weak two-pair. my guess is if he has a flush he c/r here around 40-60% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

loose passives don't c/r. they chase, they hit, they bet.

This guy will have a flush alot, two pair some, one pair some, and a broken draw some.

I think you are underestimating how often this guy is actually going to have a flush here.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:09 PM

i don't know, in my experience "loose passive" is a vague enough description to discount check-raises by much.