Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2006, 09:59 PM

Default Two Big Blinds in a Row on the Same Table, PP

I was playing on Party Poker at the end of a multi-table speed tournament. As you are all aware, speed tournaments have the blinds go up very quickly. I was the Big Blind two hands in a row where the blinds were 40,000/80,000 and I was the chip leader with 320,000 chips. I ended up winning this tournament, so I am not whining.

The program needs to be changed though. I play in many tournaments, and it has happened to me since. It is not right to be the BB two hands in a row on the same table. What happened is I was seat 2. Seat one was the Small Blind, and Seat 8 was the button. The player on Seat one was eliminated, and another player was seated on seat one again. The same thing happened, Seat 8 was the button, seat one was the Small Blind, and I was the Big Blind on seat 2.

I complained to Party Poker, and got this e-mail response:
------------

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting us.

In response to your query about posting big blinds twice in a row, I would like to inform that if a player is moved to a different table and is seated where he/ she is designated to post a blind (be it small/big), then he/ she will have to post the blind.

We understand that this may affect a player's position in a tournament. However, we do have to accommodate players into different tables, as and when the tables collapse as the tournament progresses.

We make our best attempt to be as fair as possible; however, a situation may arise where one player will have to post the blind more than once while moving tables.

For clarification please use the link below:

http://www.partypoker.com/tournament...structure.html

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

-----------

I can go to any poker room manager in America and they will tell you that isn't the way to do it. You all know it isn't the way to do it. What made it so bad was the blinds were as high as they were.

If the player coming in comes to a random seat that should be the small blind, then he should sit out a hand, and come in on the cut off. That is how it worked before the last software change.

I tried to see if this topic was brought up before, and could not find it. I appologize to you all if I am repeating a previous subject.

I think we all should complain to Party Poker about this.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:27 PM

Default Re: Two Big Blinds in a Row on the Same Table, PP

Since Party updated their software this has happened to me once, WITHOUT CHANGING TABLES. It never happened before on their old software and SHOULD never happen. They sent me the same [censored] response they sent you, and I re-responded explaining that I understood sometimes you'd be moved to a BB on a different table but that what happened to me was I had to post the BB twice in a row at the same table. Again they responded with nonsense.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since Party updated their software this has happened to me once, WITHOUT CHANGING TABLES. It never happened before on their old software and SHOULD never happen. They sent me the same [censored] response they sent you, and I re-responded explaining that I understood sometimes you'd be moved to a BB on a different table but that what happened to me was I had to post the BB twice in a row at the same table. Again they responded with nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-20-2006, 11:48 PM

Not to hijack this into a "general bitching about party" problem, but lately I've been having the problem that the software simply forgets to seat me at my table. My table will break and they won't bring me to a new table, and I'll click "Take seat" and it'll say "Sorry, this table is not available" or some BS. Also, sometimes it just doesn't seat me when the tournament starts. [censored] cheap software.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:01 AM

I was on the same table too.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:05 AM

That has happened to me also.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:17 AM

BTW, the double BB happens when you have an open seat on your right and post the BB. A player sits in that seat during the course of the hand, the button moves and the new player posts the SB and you post the BB again. I've been the unexpectant SB payer on two occasions, and both times the player to my left was the BB on two consecutive hands.

It shouldn't happen, I agree. It shouldn't be very difficult to enforce in the programming, either, but with Party, youneverknow.

Enjoy!