Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: online bankroll and USD plummet

[ QUOTE ]
It is actually.

I wouldn't mind a definition of "reversal" from both Pete and Jimbo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reversal

A sudden change in the price direction of a stock, index, commodity or derivative security.

Also referred to as a "trend reversal", "rally" or "correction".
Old 11-15-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is actually.

I wouldn't mind a definition of "reversal" from both Pete and Jimbo.

[/ QUOTE ]

To paraphrase from an econ tutor:

Any change in the price direction (whether permanent or temporary) of a stock, index, commodity, monetary instrument or derivative security.

Since this thread is specifically concerning the US dollar I contend a reversal as defined above is inevitable since three sentences from the US Secretary of Treasury (or Bernake for that matter) would casue one immediately. In fact in case anoyone noticed there already was a reversal in the US dollar vs (as an example) the Canadian dollar this very week. If this fact alone doesn't prove my point I suppose I'll remain fat, dumb and happy in my asylum all by myself with ocassional visits from Stephen.

Jimbo
Old 11-15-2007, 02:25 PM

There's really no substantial arguments for why Pete's analysis is not possible. In fact, it doesn't even sound like Pete is asserting the inevitability of a constantly declining dollar, only the possibility. Jimbo and Stephen are starting from the assumption that the U.S. is a permanently omnipotent force that can alter any impending disaster at will. Their arguments follow as "LOL YOU THINK THE U.S. IS MORTAL?!" and variations upon that theme.

Devaluation of currency isn't something you can forcibly change. Empirical evidence proves it, from Aztecs gutting cacao beans and stuffing them with mud to countless emperors and kings who debased their currencies. Your only good arguments rest on the dollar being the predominant medium of exchange, but I think you'll find (and are already finding) people switch to other forms as necessary. It's all about having a confident medium of exchange. Someone mentioned in another thread that even Jay-Z is flashing Euros in his music videos now.

I'm not saying the dollar is inevitably doomed, but history shows us the possibility exists. lol @ a two-day upswing proving a reversal and securing the dollar. Btw do either of you watch Kudlow & Co. religiously?
Old 11-15-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Btw do either of you watch Kudlow & Co. religiously?

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
Jimbo and Stephen are starting from the assumption that the U.S. is a permanently omnipotent force that can alter any impending disaster at will.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you heard of Waco...or Ruby Ridge?

Now I dont agree with them in any way shape or form....but dont EVER under estimate the US power they may embark on you

...and you have got to be kidding me regarding your Kudlow remark?

Please go find stinkypete and discuss the Aztecs gutting cacao beans and stuffing them with mud to countless emperors and kings who debased their currencies .......OMG..... you have NO idea about real world issues.

Are you voting for Hillary BTW?

Old 11-15-2007, 05:06 PM

B/c of Waco and Ruby Ridge the gov't can save the dollar from any potential dive in the future.

History isn't reality, it's make-believe.

Got it.

No, I'm not voting for Hilary. I'm conservative in many respects except the religion, war, big-spending and distorted morality part. I just asked about Kudlow because you have the same kind of passion he does. Good luck in your future endeavors.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying the dollar is inevitably doomed, but history shows us the possibility exists. lol @ a two-day upswing proving a reversal and securing the dollar. Btw do either of you watch Kudlow & Co. religiously?

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be easier to discuss this point of debate with you if you had actually read the thread and all the pertinent comments. Please do, I feel you may have much to add to the discussion after that.

Never watched Kudlow but Cramer helps me make some very profitable trades in advance of and after the minions. Also I am for the war in Iraq and in favor of reinstituting the draft with no college defferment. How do you like that idea? It would help relieve the economic pain we have today and naturally the dollar would rise in value again. ie: reverse!

Jimbo
Old 11-15-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It would be easier to discuss this point of debate with you if you had actually read the thread and all the pertinent comments. Please do, I feel you may have much to add to the discussion after that.

Never watched Kudlow but Cramer helps me make some very profitable trades in advance of and after the minions. Also I am for the war in Iraq and in favor of reinstituting the draft with no college defferment. How do you like that idea? It would help relieve the economic pain we have today and naturally the dollar would rise in value again. ie: reverse!

Jimbo

[/ QUOTE ]

I did read the whole thread; I didn't leave out any of your arguments. They're all contained in my post above. You didn't respond to anything I said.

On what grounds you support the war? I thought that viewpoint became obsolete like a year ago when it became evident we were just burning hundreds of billions of dollars, inciting sectarian violence and sending our soldiers in to get limbs blown off by bombs.

More importantly, how does an involuntary draft have anything to do with turning the dollar around?

Am I in the Twilight Zone?
Old 11-15-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You didn't respond to anything I said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly in your first post in this thread all you did was say one person was right and I was wrong. What was there to respond to?

Jimbo