Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Gutshot draw gets ugly (shorthanded)

This situation is why I wanted to fold the flop. By calling that raise we are now in another spot where the odds are almost correct and we can count on implied odds to possibly give us the right price. We are now getting 19:2 on our call immediately, but that goes to 20:2 if the BB just calls the three bet. You can pretty much guarantee that with these psychos you will get two bets each on the river so the implied odds are there. I know the math says this situation can profitable but the variance involved with these situations kills me. What if the river is an ace? Are we comfortable folding our top pair against two maniacs when the river goes bet/raise?
Old 11-15-2007, 03:32 PM

This hand and the AK hand from this thread are certainly not going in any 2+2 highlight reels.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 03:41 PM

"Grouch"

with BB being crazy, i say just call and see what the flop comes. As for the flop, CO may 4 bet it. i say at best you have 7 outs (4 for gut) (3 Ace) but the As maybe bad outs. I say fold.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I called. Action went.

Flop (12.5 SB): KQ7 rainbow.
BB checks, CO bets, Hero calls, BB raises, CO 3-bets, Hero calls, BB caps, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn (12.25 BB): 4
BB checks, CO bets, Hero calls, BB raises, CO 3-bets, Hero?

Now can I fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, get out. It's getting capped behind you very often and you're not getting nearly as much in the implied odds department as before.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:45 AM

grunching at the orginal post on the flop play.

I'll call. BB's probably putting in a lot of dead money into the pot. Seems like CO has hit with his AK, or maybe a set of K or Q. True outs would be the 4 Ts, and maybe a slim chance of A, so that makes a total of 5 outs? To call 2SB against BB’s 3 bet would put HERO calling at 9:1 pot odds.
5 outs is about 8.2:1. Even if CO caps the flop, you would still be getting very good implied odds if you hit your straight on the turn.

Well, for the turn, gotta re-assess, if the pot odds is worth it to chase for the straight.