Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 04:22 AM

Default Re: Friday Night Lights Season 2

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't good
http://deadspin.com/sports/friday-ni...cer-322547.php

[/ QUOTE ]

ESPN picking it up would be awesome. It would be more about the football, kinda like early last season.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:40 AM

bah, i only get like 6 channels and espn isn't one of them. that would suck if it got moved.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You gotta figure this dude is probably missing a ton of credits. He can be stuck at that school for a long time.

[/ QUOTE ] He was a junior, looks like he may be held back next year as a 5th year senior.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This isn't good
http://deadspin.com/sports/friday-ni...cer-322547.php

[/ QUOTE ]

ESPN picking it up would be awesome. It would be more about the football, kinda like early last season.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure the consensus is that the football scenes suck. god i hope nbc hang onto it.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:30 AM

Ugh. ESPN would demolish that show. Heres hoping NBC holds on.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:33 AM

Anybody who thinks ESPN taking over the show is a good thing needs to watch "Tilt".

For a point of reference, arguably the worst character on tilt was Lee Nickle, who was played by the guy who owned the [censored] out of season 2 of the Wire as Frank Sobatka.

I think the show needs to have a short lifespan. Once the current kids graduate, I don't want to deal with new ones.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:12 PM

I could easily watch this show with different kids. For me, the best part of the show is the interaction between the coach and his own family. The little squabbles he has with his wife are among the most realistic family scenes I've ever watched on tv.

Very disappointing that this show isn't getting better ratings. I suppose with all the production value that is evident, it's also probably pretty expensive.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:31 PM

Wynton - the time slot can't help. I mean I guess given the name of the show Friday night is the time to show it, but has any show in the past twenty years aside from 20/20 (watched by old people who are home anyway) fared well on a Friday night?

[ QUOTE ]
i like to read the televisionwithoutpity forums cos there are like 12 pages on every episode and people write long long posts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that's definitely the place to go for TV chatter. The demographic of the posters suck but they really get into the show and write well. Also, I see this is one of the shows they're reviewing, which means it gets its own forum with separate threads, as opposed to everything having to be in one long thread.

Regarding ESPN, what am I missing here? Do the writers and actors not make the show what it is? By moving to ESPN they should be able to get more racy and push more boundaries, which I should think would be a good thing. Obviously their track record is terrible but eventually they're gonna get it right.

I don't see how the show goes beyond s4-5 anyway, because once they start importing new talent too many people are going to bitch and moan and say they miss so-and-so and it jumped the shark, etc.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about HBO picks up the show, and then the cheerleaders can get nekkid.

[/ QUOTE ]

This comment was kind of funny from the link.

All kidding aside, why can't FNL move to somewhere like HBO--it reminds me more of an HBO feel and all the best shows are on HBO anyway regardless of ratings. Seems like this would be its best fit, not ESPN.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wynton - the time slot can't help. I mean I guess given the name of the show Friday night is the time to show it, but has any show in the past twenty years aside from 20/20 (watched by old people who are home anyway) fared well on a Friday night?

[ QUOTE ]
i like to read the televisionwithoutpity forums cos there are like 12 pages on every episode and people write long long posts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that's definitely the place to go for TV chatter. The demographic of the posters suck but they really get into the show and write well. Also, I see this is one of the shows they're reviewing, which means it gets its own forum with separate threads, as opposed to everything having to be in one long thread.

Regarding ESPN, what am I missing here? Do the writers and actors not make the show what it is? By moving to ESPN they should be able to get more racy and push more boundaries, which I should think would be a good thing. Obviously their track record is terrible but eventually they're gonna get it right.

I don't see how the show goes beyond s4-5 anyway, because once they start importing new talent too many people are going to bitch and moan and say they miss so-and-so and it jumped the shark, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

its on Fridays bc it didn't do well ratings wise last season, not bc of the title.

Im with whoever said they dont want to see another season. Let it die an honorable death