Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 12:10 AM

Default Need help on this hand

So this hand I just dont know if i played well at all, i will post the hand then post my thought process.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($150.20)
UTG ($271.55)
UTG+1 ($220.80)
MP1 ($203)
MP2 ($229)
MP3 ($40)
CO ($76.75)
Hero ($198.95)
SB ($29)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $7</font>, Hero calls $7, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $5.

Flop: ($22) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $12</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $58</font>, BB calls $46.

Turn: ($138) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $133.95 (All-In)</font>, BB calls $85.20 (All-In).

River: ($308.40) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $308.40

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Ks Qs (flush king high).
Hero has As Ah (two pair, aces and sevens).
Outcome: BB wins $357.15. </font>
This flop turn river converter doesn't work too well for me..

anyway... So my line of reasoning for not re-raising preflop was to 1) add deception to my image 2) get one extra caller in the pot, hopefully the short stack to raise all in or at least call and stack off on the flop and 3) because im in position and can lay it down to a very scary board...

now the flop comes, only scary part is a flush draw, BB bets, I raise the pot thus negating the odds he needs to call if he's on a flush draw, and getting out any smaller PP's or something like 78s... he calls, so I don't put him on the flush right away, that's a lot of money to call for a flush draw, especially not the nut flush draw as i notice I'm holding the Ah....

I'm thinking he could be either on a smaller pair that was not good enough to reraise preflop, JJ- or a pair played for deception QQ, KK although that's a stretch, more likely i was putting him on a smaller pair most of the time, and a flush draw the rest of the time, and once in a blue moon a set, although terribly played because after my big raise on the flop, if he flopped a set, it's auto all in for anyone...

The turn... scary in a sense as it completes the flush, but he checks which is odd to me because if he called all that for the flush and then doesn't bet it to at least get something out of me, he's missing a good bet, so i take this for a smaller pair trying to control pot size... But I, like the donkey i am, decide to push all in for those times when he is playing a smaller pair and i'm ahead, if I can get him to fold his smaller pair either because he's affraid of the flush or i've just shown so much strength post flop I'm ok with that, even though I risk losing a value bet on the river, or on the chance that he does have a flush, i have 9 outs to improve to a boat or a better flush... 9-37 = roughly 4-1 underdog... i bet the pot, if he calls, that give me 3-1 odds from the pot and about 20% equity (if my poker math is working while playing 4 tables, please feel free to correct me if im totally wrong)

my question is, is it so unimaginable that he would have played an underpair to my aces in the same way (obviously less the calling all in on the turn) that it would make this play unprofitable?

thanks
Old 11-15-2007, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Need help on this hand

anybody out there.......? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 12:33 AM

people will respond if you use 2+2 format
Old 11-15-2007, 12:33 AM

what's 2+2 format?
Old 11-15-2007, 12:35 AM

figured it out, thanks
Old 11-15-2007, 12:42 AM

3 to flush = winnar
Old 11-15-2007, 12:42 AM

?
Old 11-15-2007, 12:54 AM

played well.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:04 AM

Really? Because I gave it to my friend and he said I'm a retard for not being able to know that my opponent was on a flush 90+% of the time... So I felt kinda stupid... I take solace in the fact that I definitely priced him out of a flush draw, but if it hit anyway, could i have gotten away from it.... I had invest about half my stack, so I wasn't totally married... Although the river outs do help when im against a flush... I don't know, I just felt stupid, and definitely want to learn more...
Old 11-15-2007, 01:09 AM

Could I have checked behind on the turn and just called whatever bet he made on the river? and if so, does that include an all in call on the river?