Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 02:14 AM

Default 77 in BB, 2nd overcard hits on the river...

Full Ring. $1/$2.

CO is 23.3/12.3/2.68. BTN is 36/7/1.38.

I'm dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in BB.

Folded to CO who open-raises. BTN cold calls. SB folds and I call.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check. CO c-bets. BTN calls. I call.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check. CO checks this time. BTN bets. I call. CO calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check. CO checks. BTN bets again. I fold [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Thoughts and feedback on all streets are more than appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 02:46 AM

Default Re: 77 in BB, 2nd overcard hits on the river...

If you aren't going to reraise preflop, then for the love of god make your move on the flop. Me personally, I like to bet out in a situation like this.

As played, folding to the river bet is bad.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:52 AM

Normally I like a c/r on the flop but multiway I just lead out and hope CO raises the button out. Also like c/r if button were a little bit looser. This is borderline. Either bet/call or c/r. If it went lead, CO raise, Button cold calls (or 3bet) then likely peeling one and folding turn unimproved.

Good flop and need to protect your hand in some manner IMO plus get some value while (if) ahead. I guess you could 3bet and lead this kind of flop but that just bloats the pot and your last to act so definitely not. I'm just rambling.

As played interesting spot, I think Button has 9T+ here most of the time. The only other thing could be some kind of two overcard backdoor flush peel that he is bluffing the river, that seems unlikely. I'd fold and feel reasonably happy about it.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:28 AM

So, do you think CO was stealing? Do you think button has the better hand or CO?

What do you consider good flops, when you just call pre-flop? Hint: That flop IS a good flop.

If you bet the flop, you gain some info, but must unfortunately fold to any raise and may be folding the best hand. *edit*, of course you may call one more bet if raised, but must fold turn UI.

If you c/r, then you gain maximum bets on the hunch that you are ahead and that CO is just c-betting and BTN has overcards or something like that. Unfortunately you will also lose a lot of bets if you are far behind (drawing to 2 outs).

None of the opponents strike me as too aggressive to be c/c the flop...

And the same goes for the turn... 2 is pretty much a blank there (except for some weirdly played A3s, perhaps).
Old 11-14-2007, 07:58 AM

Thanks, everyone. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] That helps a bundle.