Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2007, 05:14 AM

Default Re: Over-betting Aces a good or bad idea?

My first post but an interesting subject (pre flop raising) For me and I think post flop style also adds to pre flop raising and its effectiveness, I have found that in a large majority of the times that I raise, I raise the exact same amount. That is if I am the first into the pot. It doesn't matter from which position or how big my hand is. If I raise it is the same amount and I want the other payers to notice this.

The reverse of this of course would be to be all over the map and be able to make some 10-12x raises. Maybe even the shove. For me however I have found that I always make it the same which disguises the strength somewhat. Small enough that someone with JJ or QQ will re raise with. TPTK do not feel as much on guard if say AQ were to make a larger call and then hit the Q.

If say though I am in the blinds or on the button and the table has limped in I will raise much higher than a standard raise. Obviously I don't want a crowd. Strangely enough that is when I typically face an all in bet. Usually from a weak ace or KQ.