Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 12:58 PM

Default VPIP question!

Being somewhat new to NL but VERY experienced in Limit I am looking at some basic stats.

Granted it's only 1000 hands but I FEEL like I'm playing too tight.

VPIP 16% PFR 9.5% n NL10 on average to loose tables.

I know about how important position is in NL (much more then limit) but 16% just SEEMS tight as an over all number. Of course looser Late and much tighter early.

Also - I see stats from tables saying players are cold calling raises 10% of the time. In LIMIT, ONE player Cold calling 10% is nice and VERY loose but I'm seeing entire tables CCing 10% or more. Normal???

Perhaps I'm just used to a higher quality of player in 2/4 to 5/10 Limit compared to NL10.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: VPIP question!

i think you might need to raise more, and you are a little tight but hey if it works.....
Old 11-13-2007, 01:02 PM

It seems you don't 3-bet/isolate limpers enough
Old 11-13-2007, 01:02 PM

Your tightness is fine, but you have to raise more pf. Thats a decent size gap between your raising and calling range.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:12 PM

Lemme guess, you're calling a lot with small PP and SC? Definitely try to raise more. Your VPIP is fine, but bring your raising % up at least.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:13 PM

Really! hmmmmmm - I know in Limit I was in the 13% range but I really hate raising with KQ and other dominated hands pre flop.

I always raise in when first in (except for pocket pairs) and you are correct I do not reraise but fold with hands that can be dominated. Perhaps I'm being to cautious???

Thanks
Old 11-13-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Being somewhat new to NL but VERY experienced in Limit I am looking at some basic stats.

Granted it's only 1000 hands but I FEEL like I'm playing too tight.

VPIP 16% PFR 9.5% n NL10 on average to loose tables.

I know about how important position is in NL (much more then limit) but 16% just SEEMS tight as an over all number. Of course looser Late and much tighter early.

Also - I see stats from tables saying players are cold calling raises 10% of the time. In LIMIT, ONE player Cold calling 10% is nice and VERY loose but I'm seeing entire tables CCing 10% or more. Normal???

Perhaps I'm just used to a higher quality of player in 2/4 to 5/10 Limit compared to NL10.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is fine although u should raise a more but if the tables are really lose then 16/13/3 is fine. Just keep hammering away when u have a good hand like tptk+

no need to loosen up when your opponents are basically handing out money. You should play 4 tables+ so you dont get bored.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:18 PM

PP in NL vs Limit can turn into MONSTERS that can take entire stacks right on the flop, when you flop the set. But you can't always call with PP because that becomes way too transparent; any smart player will notice that your calling a raise will usually mean a mid-low PP and/or SC.

Definitely playing too cautious, but that's sort of understandable considering you're just coming out of limit. Ease into it and start being more aggressive.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:20 PM

also in reality you are only playing about 10% of your hands and the rest come from CO and BTN(6max). Open TJ+ 89+ anyPP
etetcetc in btn and CO. Ofcourse

If players are calling your opening hands oop or lightly, tighten up.

I have a 16.5/12.9/3 stat and I 3bet tons.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PP in NL vs Limit can turn into MONSTERS that can take entire stacks right on the flop, when you flop the set. But you can't always call with PP because that becomes way too transparent; any smart player will notice that your calling a raise will usually mean a mid-low PP and/or SC.

fwiw I was playing more agro when I played limit. 30/20 type and I had a hard time tightening up when I switched to no limit play. youre doing fine I think. You will start to open co and btn soon without even noticing it.

Definitely playing too cautious, but that's sort of understandable considering you're just coming out of limit. Ease into it and start being more aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread