Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2007, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Things it took me a while to learn part 8, Bet Sizing

ah... my 100th post... i never thought i'd get here.
dave, i love your reply to this... and you're a stud (ps. go deacs)

[ QUOTE ]
1. As we've talked about on this forum before, people aren't respecting C-bets nearly as much as they used to
2. I've noticed the minraise of the c-bet on the flop is almost ALWAYS a bluff on FTP

[/ QUOTE ]

- everyone has read HoH and they know what a cbet is nowadays. and it seems like they aren't scared when it comes. they love to check raise under the gun for that minraise on ub too on like K73... obviouisly they read forums... and i have to fold and show AQs in MP3 to them to which they reply "you had me"... its weird tho that they sometimes try to do it when I'm putting like 1/3 of my stack in at a healthy level with something like 2/400 blinds and 8k behind... i.e. PF raise of 1500, 4000 pot, 2500 cbet when effective stacks are the same... it almost screams "i'm calling" and those are the hardest ones for me to not believe.

i've thought about just flat calling to see what they do on the turn... but won't know how to react other than pushing it in.

[ QUOTE ]

The stack-a-donk line is not really good and overused unless you're playing clueless opponents

[/ QUOTE ]
y check behind??? i've found that the most you do is cost yourself here. you want paid off.

[ QUOTE ]
PS Bond it's "too" not "to", as in "I like dogs too". Not trying to be a nit, this mistake makes a sentance harder to read sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

PS dave... if u're gonna rip on bond for not typing one extra O on too... at least run spellcheck and spell sentence right [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

love forum'ing it w/ you guys... thanks for putting up w/ me in my noobish stages of complaining about AK never winning, and when i talk about folding aces PF.

i look forward to many more posts and reading about all of your hijinx in the land of make believe.

bond... i hope u never develop carpal tunnel or rheumatoid arthritis, cuz the boards would be at a loss for several weeks if not more.