Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 04:13 PM

Default How to play with other big stacks late in A MTT

This came up in another thread, and I was wondering how others approach this same situation:

There are definitely times though when you will be at the final 3-4 tables of a large MTT and you are seated with 4 other large stacks. What do you in this positiion? I know the great MTT players feel they have an edge over everyone, so they don't mind battling with the big stacks.

In my case, I tend to avoid playing big pots wtih them unless I have a decently strong holding (not much floating the flop or 3-betting OP with air), however, I have been known to get in a large pot with them bust out and am left thinking to myself "I should have just coasted along bullying the medium stacks trying to move up)

Successful tourney players who plat FTP if you're out there, please respond and let me know how you deal with other large stacks at your table when you are medium high to big stacked in the final stages of a MTT. Thanks.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: How to play with other big stacks late in A MTT

guess this has been discussed other places, can anyone sldie me in the direction of a post that addresses this very issue, or something along these lines? big leak in my game, help would be awesome.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:42 PM

Default Re: How to play with other big stacks late in A MTT

I wouldnt consider myself a great tournament player but i do alright so ill give my input. I stay away from the massive stacks. The only time i will play against them without a huge hand is if i have position on them. If you lock up with them out of position your dead. I also try to stay away from the short stacks as well because they are going to jam any two a lot of the time. I should say I dont try to make moves against them. I love to attack the mid size stacks at these stages in the tournaments... They are the ones who are going to be a little more conservative. Like i said im not the best so take this for what its worth.