Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: 2-4 live: open end st8 flush gets there

[ QUOTE ]
your line really has no reasoning( except all B&M players are dumb and blind)

[/ QUOTE ]
that's pretty good reasoning, imo
Old 11-12-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MP1 is leading with the other 6 for a straight or more likely a small-medium flush. <u>small_medium flush</u> Since he is first to act he took a shot on the river and is willing to call one raise but folding to a cold raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

he cant have a small flush, because if he had two small [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s, he would have bet out on the flop, and he wouldnt call the flop bet with one small [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="red"> </font>
Old 11-12-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your line really has no reasoning( except all B&amp;M players are dumb and blind)

[/ QUOTE ]

even if this were true, which it's not, that would be good reasoning about 2/4 B&amp;M players
Old 11-12-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MP1 is leading with the other 6 for a straight or more likely a small-medium flush. <u>small_medium flush</u> Since he is first to act he took a shot on the river and is willing to call one raise but folding to a cold raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

he cant have a small flush, because if he had two small [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s, he would have bet out on the flop, and he wouldnt call the flop bet with one small [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="red"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
you got me on a technicality there. I truly meant to write MP1 likely has med-high (10-K) he doesn't have the A though, I can tell ya that.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:29 PM

all 2-4 players, even ones you have played with before. do we forget about reads on 2-4 tables?
Old 11-12-2007, 06:30 PM

I never should have gotten in the middle of this. Maybe this will help

Evolution of a 2+2er
Old 11-12-2007, 06:34 PM

one outer, if you were villian in this hand, would you 4 bet this with the ace?
Old 11-12-2007, 06:38 PM

Would MP2 check the straight flush twice? If he was a good player like supposedly he is, loose game, bet out on the flop, hope someone has the K or Q of hearts or two pair and is going to call, start building the pot early. If he does check call the flop I dont see how he could check the turn again and risk getting it checked behind, at least he leads out on the turn. I don't see MP2 checking the straigh flush twice. MP1 probably leads out with K or Q high flush, MP2 raises with A high flush then mistakenly caps since the only card that can beat him would be the 6 hearts since HERO wouldnt check the turn with a made flush or J10 straight flush. So Hero has to 3 bet the river. I guess HERO can just call and let MP1 come in and gain the same amount without the risk but by not 3 betting, he risks not getting possible additional bets out of the A high flush
Old 11-12-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would MP2 check the straight flush twice? If he was a good player like supposedly he is, loose game, bet out on the flop, hope someone has the K or Q of hearts or two pair and is going to call, start building the pot early. If he does check call the flop I dont see how he could check the turn again and risk getting it checked behind, at least he leads out on the turn. I don't see MP2 checking the straigh flush twice. MP1 probably leads out with K or Q high flush, MP2 raises with A high flush then mistakenly caps since the only card that can beat him would be the 6 hearts since HERO wouldnt check the turn with a made flush or J10 straight flush. So Hero has to 3 bet the river. I guess HERO can just call and let MP1 come in and gain the same amount without the risk but by not 3 betting, he risks not getting possible additional bets out of the A high flush

[/ QUOTE ]

you wouldnt slow play the nut str8 flush with 6 people in the pot and 4 behind you hoping someone will bet. then plan a check raise on 4th when the bets double?
Old 11-12-2007, 07:06 PM

I bet the flop knowing 3-4 people are going to call possibly even raising with the A hearts draw, I bet the turn knowing 2-3 people are calling. I dont like the going for checkraise on turn though with only 1 guy left behind to bet. You stated he was a solid player so I'm going off that read. I can see the check on the flop, but with the straight flush already, I dont see how he cant checkraise right there on the flop since hes out of position and cant possibly guarantee someone is going to bet the turn for him on that board. Not to lead out in to the bettor on the turn though looks bad since no way anyone is folding the A high flush draw for one bet there. Therefore IMHO I wouldnt put him on the flopped straight flush.