Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 10:14 AM

Default Re: Anyone Had Their Chat Banned On Full Tilt For No Good Reason?

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

coming from someone who actually plays in poker tournaments: don't ever chat again. nobody cares.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, oh you're one of those select few that actually plays in tourneys wow? OMG I'm sooo sorry. I bow at your feet.

Might it occur to you that I don't care that you play in poker tournaments?
Old 11-12-2007, 10:29 AM

pardon me, i should have said, "speaking on behalf of people who play in poker tournaments"
Old 11-12-2007, 10:47 AM

I had a month ban for calling cards while railing a friend at the final table of a 50k gtd. It was funny I guess, in the email it said:

"Reason for ban:
AJ
AJ
AAJAAJ
AJA
J
JA"
Old 11-12-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"Reason for ban:
AJ
AJ
AAJAAJ
AJA
J
JA"

[/ QUOTE ]

HA HA HA gold.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:04 PM

I got a warning the other day for saying "cocky" in the chat at poker stars? One donk was berating another donk after be HE won the hand. The loser wouldn't rebuy but they kept arguing back and forth. I told the loser of the hand "yea I would rebuy when people like him get cocky after winning a hand they hand the money right back to you usually" in hopes that that he would rebuy so I could stack him and I guess someone turned me in for it. I sent stars an email back telling them I thought this was ludicrous and ridiculous that they would waste their time and mine harboring this kinda childish bull [censored] and that poker is a game played amongst adults and some times adults use adult language.

With that being said it is pretty lame when you are railing a tourney you aren't even in and disruping the game. If I was hosting a game and someone who wan't playing was railing and sating stuff to the player I would ask them stop or leave so I kinda agree with fulltilt here.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got a warning the other day for saying "cocky" in the chat at poker stars? One donk was berating another donk after be HE won the hand. The loser wouldn't rebuy but they kept arguing back and forth. I told the loser of the hand "yea I would rebuy when people like him get cocky after winning a hand they hand the money right back to you usually" in hopes that that he would rebuy so I could stack him and I guess someone turned me in for it. I sent stars an email back telling them I thought this was ludicrous and ridiculous that they would waste their time and mine harboring this kinda childish bull [censored] and that poker is a game played amongst adults and some times adults use adult language.

With that being said it is pretty lame when you are railing a tourney you aren't even in and disruping the game. If I was hosting a game and someone who wan't playing was railing and sating stuff to the player I would ask them stop or leave so I kinda agree with fulltilt here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is harsh. In the context you used it I do not even consider what you said at all objectionable.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:19 PM

" poker is a game played amongst adults and some times adults use adult language."

I really think this is just an excuse that supposed adults make to act incredibly immature.
I wouldn't mind if anything even resembling innappropriate language were taken away. It is supposed to be a friendly game afterall so all this stuff of "you suck" etc only serves to potentially irritate the table.

I want the game to be welcoming and playable to 60 year old grandmothers with nothing better to do but the atmosphere of mostly youngish males calling each other d-bag's is simply too intimidating for them imo.

I don't think my vision of senior citizens and more women playing is incredibly unrealistic when you consider how many play games like bridge or cribbage or hearts, etc.
But with the culture as it is now I think those expecting a more polite and friendly atmosphere would be more likely to be run-off by the occasional foul language.

just my opinion. I'm kind of aware that it isn't a particularly popular one.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess freedom of speech does not exist at Full Tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct in your assessment that the U.S. Bill of Rights and the chat-box rules of a privately owned online-poker site are indeed not the same.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have two good friends that make it deep in tournaments a lot, and I'd rather type in the chatbox than in an IM to them when their tournament life is on the line. Honestly, if it bothers you that much, turn Observer chat off.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:29 PM

Couldn't agree more MicroBob. Trouble is poker is a very macho type game and does bring out the worst in many people. If you are a pro/semi pro or indeed just don't like losing money to donks then in the immediate aftermath of a bad beat many people are prone to say daft things.

Really objectionable chat should be reported and perhaps we would have less of it. Also with regards to the OP he was railbirding as well with makes it all the worse IMHO.

I can sometimes feel peoples pain in the heat of battle but railbirds don't deserve any sympathy.