Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 03:49 AM

Default Turn top 2 into ugly board

This may seem like an easy fold but bear in mind villain is 54/8/4.00 > 50ish hands, not to mention he's a half stack playing wild. He very well could have a ten here, but there are also 2 pairs he would likely push with. Be easy on me guys, may seem like an auto fold, but he could even have one pair here down to a pure bluff given his high pf aggression factor.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $14.10
Hero (UTG): $25
CO: $25
BTN: $24.65
SB: $37

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, 3 folds, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.80) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $0.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, BB calls $2.75

Turn: ($8.80) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $9.75 and is All-In</font>, Hero ??
Old 11-12-2007, 03:56 AM

Default Re: Turn top 2 into ugly board

this is definitely a tough spot, but based on your reads, you should call him. you have KQ, KJ, QJ and any lower pairs thoroughly dominated. if somehow he has a T in his hand, you have 4 outs to the boat and 3 for a split

without a solid read, i say fold because i think villain shows a T more times than not
Old 11-12-2007, 04:11 AM

Default Re: Turn top 2 into ugly board

Of course, there's no way really to know that you're beat against this guy without showing down, but Tx is one hell of a lot of combos compared to worse two-pair hands. And Tx is also an OESD on the flop, so it's the kind of hand a gambling semi-shorty would donkbet into a PFR on a broadway board.

I would hate folding two pair against this guy, but this seems like a time when you should. Just try not to let it get to you when the pot goes his way and he flashes pocket 4's.