Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2006, 04:14 AM

Default EP 99 and a bad river

Villain is 26.57/8.39/1.82 over 150 hands

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (7.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ?

I almost never take a line like this. What should I do on the river and how are the rest of the streets? Also, if you don't like my line, can u suggest one given that flop?
Old 03-20-2006, 04:25 AM

Default Re: EP 99 and a bad river

what line do you normally take?
I normally take this line on the flop and turn (i hope this isnt bad). I would check/fold the river.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:39 AM

Looking at this hand again I don't think it's very interesting now.
I don't like to say it but I'd normally take what I now consider to be an much inferior line (check-call after turn)
I just thought it was interesting because the river seemed like a possible bet/fold scenario but now that I think about it he'll almost never lay down a hand that beats me (JJ-KK, Ax) and he'll might now fold the very few hands that I beat (i.e. a 77 that he'll have very rarely).
He prolly won't raise either cept maybe with AK.
That river is pretty clearly a check fold given his stats.
He's also not folding JJ-KK at this point.
Yeah...not a very interesting hand. Sorry guys.
Bet/fold not usually a very good option @ .5/1
Old 03-20-2006, 05:42 AM

Geez I need a lot of help on this hand and I hope you guys could set me straight. First off will someone w/ these stats slowdown on a flop checkraise w/ 99+? Also isn't there just enough of a chance that he had something like KQ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] KJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] that we don't want to c/f the river cause there is some chance he'll bluff? Please set me straight cause I know I'm wrong here.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Geez I need a lot of help on this hand and I hope you guys could set me straight. First off will someone w/ these stats slowdown on a flop checkraise w/ 99+? Also isn't there just enough of a chance that he had something like KQ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] KJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] that we don't want to c/f the river cause there is some chance he'll bluff? Please set me straight cause I know I'm wrong here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont really think he will have Kx that often. He has reraised the UTG raiser, usually he will at least have AQs or smtng like that.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:02 AM

i suppose KQs and KJs are possibilites, but i didnt think 8.39 PFR was high enough for me to consider it.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:06 AM

Ok I see a bit clearer, AK[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] AQ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] maybe AJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] are a really good possibilities, even just AK. Do you guys think you can rule out a PP w/ these stats and him not playing back at all? I really need to learn how to fold the river..... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2006, 06:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I see a bit clearer, AK[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] AQ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] maybe AJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] are a really good possibilities, even just AK. Do you guys think you can rule out a PP w/ these stats and him not playing back at all? I really need to learn how to fold the river..... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldnt rule it out, but it does seem much less likely.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:11 AM

I like to limp in with 99 UTG. You not goign to push everybody out of the pot raising si I'd rather limp in and get a binch of people in the hand. I don't care if there is a raise. I'd LIKE one actually.

I would bet the river! Are you going to call a bet if HE bets? IF you are going to call BET, make HIM decide. If he raises you can drop the hand.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:04 AM

I don't like limping 99 in EP, I want to get rid of weak over cards that may come along for one but not for two.

WHAT ARE YOUR READS ON THE VILLIANS PF 3-BET RANGE? Have you ever seen him 3-bet crap or less than 99? It looks like a continuation bet on the flop and he stuck around on the turn. Without reads I don't see him 3-betting anything that we beat on the river. You may want to check/call to get a read on this 3-bet range, but you are most likely behind.