Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: A big Democrats mistake.!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Congress has the option of passing a law defining what techniques are torture and what are not and overriding our facist leader's veto.....if they wanted to, that is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Find me ten Republican Senators and about fifty Congressmen willing to cross the aisle to vote for this bill and I'll agree with you that Congress 'could' override a veto.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether it can override a veto or not is irrelevant due to being pure speculation. Make him veto it and then you can blame him, but until then Congress shares the blame equally. Laziness by Congress isn't an excuse.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:27 PM

iron,

you seem like reasonable supporter of the principles of todays democratic party and was wondering, out of curiosity, if you're on average pleased with the work done by current democratic representatives?

Also, do you have link by any chance to where you explain your appeal to obama over clinton or edwards?

Thank you!
Old 11-10-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It looks like going after Gonzales that inept, corrupt, attorney general, the dems made a huge mistake as the new incumbent is worse than the one he replaces. I can see the glee on Bush's face. Here is an Attorney General that avoids the moral stance of calling a spade a spade, a shovel a shovel, and torture, torture. The lack of backbone in the current administration is without precedent I think. Even under Nixon there was a more moral, or at least less immoral, stance, however distorted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mukasey is not worse, and is in fact a lot better, than Gonzales. That is not saying much, of course. The real shame of Mukasey's service as AG is that his good name is now tarnished by association to this corrupt, immoral, and unamerican administration.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The lack of backbone in the current congress is without precedent I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-11-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree. From what I've seen, Mukasey will be about the best we can expect from the Administration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah he's a lot more qualified than Janet Reno and almost certainly won't screw up as bad as she did.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:59 PM

Unfortunately he might not be around long enough to continue undoing the damage she did.