Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars $1/2 Frustration

I think FR has become difficult to beat at micro stakes, just because the rake is ridiculous. 1bb/100 is fine IMO though I am no Aaron W or similar level player. As far as your current stretch, that is totally to be expected if you are 1bb/100 winner at a certain limit, in fact you could expect to have much longer losing streaks. I would suggest splitting your time 1/2 playing and 1/2 reviewing hands, doing math hand ranges etc. to evaluate if you're making any big mistakes. Especially when you are in a downswing b/c you're not probably enjoying playing as much b/c you're so stressed about how each session goes and it starts to affect your play. GL just keep at it.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:07 AM

This is the best advice. I am just coming out of a huge down swing and my game is now weak tight. I am folding to much and then chasing at the wrong times.

The best thing for me is the hand replay on poker tracker. You can step through the hand and see the odds and the percentage chance of winning if you see the showdown. It opens your eyes when you see how much your were behind when you thought you had a chance.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

ask yourself, do you think you are the best player at the table in the games you are playing? if you think so, move up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, so I did take a shot at 2/4 tonight. Sort of. Okay, not really. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I played exactly one orbit (9 hands), lol. I made $5, though. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Give me credit for baby steps? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ask yourself, do you think you are the best player at the table in the games you are playing? if you think so, move up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, so I did take a shot at 2/4 tonight. Sort of. Okay, not really. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I played exactly one orbit (9 hands), lol. I made $5, though. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Give me credit for baby steps? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

what did you think?

10 hands. lol. next time for for 50-75. pay attention to what is shown down and how the hands were played.

PM me your stats at 1/2.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:12 PM

alrright, i understand the 1/2 is not beating because of the highly rake? damn thats a bad beat. When can i move up to 2/4 fr? Wich bankroll should i at least have?
Old 11-12-2007, 02:30 PM

300 * BB is the general recommendation for full ring. So, $1,200 for $2/$4.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

what did you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I ended up going back to that same table and played a lil' more after I made that post. I've now played a grand total of 39 hands at 2/4, lol.

Anyway, 39 hands is a very small sample. And the fact that I was playing against the same opponents means that I really can't draw generalizations about 2/4 online players as a whole.

That said, what I observed at that particular table was play that was a LOT more passive than 1/2. There was a lot more open-limping in mid and late positions, a lot less c-betting, and a lot more free cards given.

(Despite this, I interestingly had one person raise me on the river with bottom pair? Go figure...)

Again, I have no idea if that's representative, but that's what I observed of these players over only 39 hands.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
300 * BB is the general recommendation for full ring. So, $1,200 for $2/$4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys, keep in mind that the 300bb rec is under the conditions that:

1) that's your WHOLE br, you can't reload, you can't find change in the couch, that's all you've got;
b) you're moving up full-time.

If you can reload your account at will then br concerns are way, way down on your list, and where you feel comfortable/what your highest +EV game is is your paramount concern.

If you're just taking a shot, go with about 25bb for the limit your shooting to. If you drop it, you're not killing your br for one limit down unless you were short to begin with, and that's enough for you to play one table for a while and see what you think.

fwiw, 15bb challenges are a great way to see higher limits without fear of lolbusto.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:55 PM

"Guys, keep in mind that the 300bb rec is under the conditions that:

1) that's your WHOLE br, you can't reload, you can't find change in the couch, that's all you've got;
b) you're moving up full-time."

talk to most "pro" players and they'd be incredibly uncomfortable playing w/ 300bb. 1000bb is nice.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:24 PM

I have to agree with the bankroll numbers, I am adding 50 at each level above what I don't want to reload. So I am comfortable reloading 300 bucks at dollar level so for 1/2 I need 700 bucks.

2/4 I need 1600 to stay at but will take shots of 25 bb once in awhile with good table selection.

That being said, I just had another bad session today so am down around 200 bb and will be grinding at the dollar lvl a bit.

I really hate 1/2 so far