Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 08:39 PM

Default Micro stakes need advice

Ya i play small stakes MTT and i am posting to ask about a good range of hands i should play against a LAG. HOw should i play against a LAG after the rebuy period? Raising with ace king+ and some small suited connectors....when i miss the flop they raise and i fold....this continues for a while..... is this too passive? I know this will never get me near the big money in this type of tourny/
btw i play the 10 cent rebuy tourny from FTP and usually place top 800+. any advice?
Old 11-10-2007, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Micro stakes need advice

THIS SEEMS PRETTY VAGUE

PUT UP A COUPLE OF ACTUAL HANDS. AS IN ANY TOURNEY THERE ARE A # OF FACTORS THAT GO INTO IT IE: STACK SIZES, POSITION, READS, TABLE IMAGE ETC...

FIND A COUPLE OF HAND HISTORIES SO THAT THEY CAN BE ANALYZED
Old 11-11-2007, 01:05 AM

Default Re: Micro stakes need advice

to quote harrington...

"this harkens back to gradeschool... where the playground tuaght us a lesson... it was standing up to a bully"

my advice, in donkaments people really don't care about their buy ins...they're there for fun. and most of them don't play very well either. I've gotten my AA UTG push called by MP1 w/ 76s for my bounty and cuz he had me covered by 15 chips ... and he flopped 2 pr leaving me crying because i played like 4 hands all tourney and won them all and him saying "sorry, i was getting bored" my reco... tighten up your range against these type of opponents. and if you plan on playing the hand just stick to your guns.... unless you care about the 10 cents.

play some more freerolls and try some new things against this type of opponent. or maybe pick up a copy of "kill phil"