Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Pro-Life is Liberterian

[ QUOTE ]
With abortion though, there is a third party, the child. You are clearly committing violence against the child, murder. What it all comes down to in the end is when you think lives begins. If you think it begins at birth then your just removing a growth in your uterus, perfectely legal. If it begins at conception it is outright murder and you should go to jail. There are many times in between people might choose.

[/ QUOTE ]
The issue is a little more complicated than that. Because even if the foetus should be considered a person, that does not necessarily mean that this person has a right to live on the expense of the mother's interests. I.e. the contention that aborting a foetus that can be considered a person is automatically murder has to be questioned.

[ QUOTE ]
That incident has haunted him and his conscience for almost fifty years, and informs his personal opinions on the issue greatly. I find it impossible to begrudge the man, an obgyn who has delivered 4000 babies, his opinion on thd subject.

[/ QUOTE ]
And I don't begrudge him for that and I don't think anybody should. But don't you think that it is valid and even necessary to question his views on the subject if they are, at least in part, based on a horrible event in his life and not an informed decision?