Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 04:04 AM

Default KJo vs a button steal

First hand at the table:

button limps, sb complete, and I check with Q6o

Flop: QcTc9c, sb bets, I raise, button folds, sb calls.

Turn: 6c, sb bets, I call at 4.5:1.

River: Qh, he bets, I raise, he calls and shows: Ac 5h.

--------

Second hand with him an orbit later:

folded to him on the button, he raises and I reraise my SB with KJo no trump, bb folds, and he calls.

K84 mono of trump 7 sb.

I bet, he raises, I reraise, he caps, I call.

(7.5 bb)

Turn: T of trump

I check, he bets, I call.

River: 7 offsuit

I check, he bets, I call.

<u>I was intending to bet and call down on non-trump turns.

Does this seem reasonable or should I check and call down all cards?

Also, in hand 1, should I be calling the turn or folding? Just curious.</u>
Old 11-09-2007, 07:03 AM

Default Re: KJo vs a button steal

:g:
1) I think its time to fold at turn
2) I like PR, flop 3bet Im not sure but probabably good move and after he caps I would probably just call down and make a note.

If I would fold (possibly better move vs this player) it would be turn cus at flop we beat probably only KT and FD.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:49 AM

First hand:

I am tempted to fold the flop. Lot's of RIO, tiny pot and a player behind us. Agaisnt unknowns I just let it go. But that is nitty, maybe too nitty. If I'm going to play it I call not raise. Don't see the point in raising at all in this small pot.

Turn is close. I think we can let it go.

Hand 2:

Flop is good IMO. The choice is between call raise/lead safe turn and the line you took (3-bet/lead safe). I think we beat his range pretty hard on the flop considering all Kx and high trump hands he holds, so I think ur line is good.

There are a couple of plans for the rest of the hand:

1) b/f / b/f
2) c/c / c/f
3) c/c / c/c

When he caps the flop his range on the turn is pretty much made hands &gt;= pair of K's. If we had a better read 1) (he will call down with K's only raise flush on the turn) or 2) (he won't value bet K's on the river), but given he is unknown we can't trust him that much IMO. So I play it like you did.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:57 PM

dave,

i like your play in hand 1. way to suck out.

in hand 2, i'm not sure about the flop 3bet. do you think he was playing back at you hard because of hand 1?

as played, fold the turn. do you really think he has KT no trump or worse here? wtf.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm going to play it I call not raise. Don't see the point in raising at all in this small pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

calling sucks. a raise will often fold better Qs and low flush draws. the pot is small, but we do have top pair in a short-handed limped pot. a flop raise is inexpensive and often wins us the whole thing.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:54 PM

First hand, small pot Fold, nice suckout btw

2nd hand

First of all Against a Button steal you dont have to reraise and for sure not with KJo. You are in the SB.. making a reraise with these weak hand, is not the right move. coldcall this calling from the SB against one player, shows enough strength.
Reasons to limp against button steal.
1) they can have any hand and u dont know what u up to.
2) U can limp more hands. So he knows that stealing don't make profit against u. since u coming to get 1-1 more times.
3) U are out of position.
4) When he raises you preflop and u just coldcall make a donkbet, it looks very strong, on rigged flops,drawing flops.
5) Check raise if u have the goods(people automaticly bet when they raised preflop and they are 1-1)
6) Against a blind stealer, limp more in the BB then in the SB it will cost you so much more, and the BB u still have behind you and he can reraises you, u still dont know what u up to..
7) and there are so much more.. Reraise dont with those hands.

Now about the hand, preflop Call this
Flop: 3 bet is good. if u know what he thinks of you, he caps it that will make you scary. He can make a move with KQ, still if you where loose reraising in the blinds(like this KJo Reraising). Stealing hands like 44,88,77,KT-7s. After all it is all how about u play in the blinds.

Check raise the flop, after a 3 bet call it down.

I would Aces play just liked him on a draw flop, and show fire at the turn on a rainbow flop.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I'm going to play it I call not raise. Don't see the point in raising at all in this small pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

calling sucks. a raise will often fold better Qs and low flush draws. the pot is small, but we do have top pair in a short-handed limped pot. a flop raise is inexpensive and often wins us the whole thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

What sucks is our equity on this board.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2nd hand

First of all Against a Button steal you dont have to reraise and for sure not with KJo. You are in the SB.. making a reraise with these weak hand, is not the right move. coldcall this calling from the SB against one player, shows enough strength.
Reasons to limp against button steal.
1) they can have any hand and u dont know what u up to.
2) U can limp more hands. So he knows that stealing don't make profit against u. since u coming to get 1-1 more times.
3) U are out of position.
4) When he raises you preflop and u just coldcall make a donkbet, it looks very strong, on rigged flops,drawing flops.
5) Check raise if u have the goods(people automaticly bet when they raised preflop and they are 1-1)
6) Against a blind stealer, limp more in the BB then in the SB it will cost you so much more, and the BB u still have behind you and he can reraises you, u still dont know what u up to..
7) and there are so much more.. Reraise dont with those hands.

Now about the hand, preflop Call this
Flop: 3 bet is good. if u know what he thinks of you, he caps it that will make you scary. He can make a move with KQ, still if you where loose reraising in the blinds(like this KJo Reraising). Stealing hands like 44,88,77,KT-7s. After all it is all how about u play in the blinds.

Check raise the flop, after a 3 bet call it down.

I would Aces play just liked him on a draw flop, and show fire at the turn on a rainbow flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I actually think this line hits the nail on the head and gives some solid blind defense advice.
Great post!
Old 11-10-2007, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What sucks is our equity on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

So raise or fold ? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Its hard decision for me and I think I make here often mistake.
Vs LP ist RIO spot, but vs regular player?
Old 11-10-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So raise or fold ? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Call! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Raise safe turn instead. Another problem is that our opps can 3-bet such a wide range. Suddenly the pot is not so small anymore and becomes hard to play. Call and choose between raise or fold on the turn instead.