Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 06:17 PM

Default Call or Raise?

BB is fish
UTG has only played 3 hands but seems also fish

5/T

Hero is CO with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG calls, Hero raises, 2 folds, BB calls. UTG calls

FLOP: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, UTG checks. Hero bets, both calls

TURN: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, UTG bets, Hero?

Dont know which one is better calling or raising

If I just call here BB will call with his overcards or gutshot beacuse he is fish. If UTG has trips he will probably 3bet and I have difficult decison because I dont know nothing about him.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Call or Raise?

I like raising and not putting any more money in after that. This protects our vulnerable hand and I think you can safely fold to a 3bet. Is the 3bet bluff that much a concern? It's a pretty bold play, but this is a drawy board. I still vote r/f.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:56 PM

I don't like any line that involves folding.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:28 PM

Numbnuts

The problem with raise folding is that if he decided to donk/3-bet 54, 33 or 22 then you will be folding a 4 outer in a 9.5BB pot.

So bloating the pot here and then fold is highly questionable even if he will not do this with a worse hand very often.

If I raise, I call a 3-bet.

However, raising has a lot of protection value as BB likely has 6 outs a lot. If Hero calls, BB is faced with about 6.5:1 so I think Hero needs to raise to protect his hand.

Cliff notes: raise/call and prolly fold non 7 and 6 river if villain 3-bets.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:39 PM

oink,

don't think that can be the right line. if you're folding the river you're saying his bet/3-bet is basically trips/54/33/22. just giving him A6/K6/86/76/65 as far as trips go is 32 hands whereas 54/33/22 is 22 hands. you have reverse implied odds on your outs to 66677 since more often than not you'll still be behind. i don't think implied odds on your outs to 77766 make up enough especially because i'd discount the boat/straight hands more than i'd discount any trip hands based on the action. so you should raise/fold if you plan on folding the river.

i'd call down here.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:53 PM

I raise and probably fold to a 3-bet, but I think a 3-bet will be rare here. A guy who limps UTG will probably donk bet the flop with a 6 if is also going to donk bet the turn with trips. His line seems fishy to me. I'm going for the protection raise here. Heads up I would just call down.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:00 PM

I'd just call down because I hate folding overpairs, though it's pretty clear you are drawing to 2 outs or worse if you get 3-bet. UTG may have just turned a flush draw and hopes to fold out Ax by betting. I generally avoid raise/fold lines so I call down in this spot.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:07 PM

IŽd raise without hesitating.If he 3-bets I call down.
Donks must be punished and you really must protect your hand anyway.If he has it at least I can make a "donk note".