Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Re: The PPA, lets talk numbers vs results.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You didn't disagree with anything I wrote. PPA will fill the Grassroots Director position at the appropriate time with the appropriate candidate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hardly.

D$D

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently they disagree.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:56 PM

I was not aware that Randy was unpaid. What is his job exactly?
Old 11-09-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was not aware that Randy was unpaid. What is his job exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's volunteering to help us with the Mass effort because he lives there and he cares about the issue. He is PPA MA State Director. All the state reps are unpaid volunteers (including me, by the way).

PPA doesn't have many full-time employees. Sometimes people envision an organization with hundreds of employees, so they expect services accordingly. It's nothing like that at all.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:11 PM

That doesn't really tell me what his job is....I'm vice president of a company and primary partner but that doesn't tell you what my job is....
Old 11-09-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That doesn't really tell me what his job is....I'm vice president of a company and primary partner but that doesn't tell you what my job is....

[/ QUOTE ]

The job description is probably somewhere on the PPA website.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:19 PM

Um, at the risk of revealing something someone may not want completely public, did it ever occur to anyone that an unpaid volunteer may have other commitments and issues that prevent him from being ABLE to respond on a moments notice?

I also am an unpaid PPA volunteer (NH rep) - things are pretty quiet poker-wise in NH, so that doesn't take much (I write letters to representatives is about it for now). But I also am known from these boards and others as an attorney particularly familiar with poker issues. People ask me for help fairly often. I do my best to get back to them quickly. But if I have a major task at the job that pays my bills, or am feeling sick, or even just feel like I need some down time, my volunteer activities wait. I dont see anything wrong with that.

Patience, please - this aint a McDonalds.

Skallagrim
Old 11-09-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The e-mail was sent to both Randy and Brian on Wednesday morning at 9:05 AM. That means that Randy received the e-mail from me, and from Bryan probably at 2 different e-mail addresses. Randy also received a request from me at this site to let me know whether or not he received my e-mail so that I could resend it to him from a second e-mail address if necessary.
No Response.
That is a very basic problem. I'm glad I copied Bryan. At least I know for a fact that Randy must have received the e-mail.

[/ QUOTE ]

I discussed it with John Pappas and sent him (and Bryan) a copy of the email. Thanks again for working on this for us.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:59 PM

Thank you engineer! My problem has been resolved. I can respond appropriately within an appropriate time frame and PPA has come through. I think we are going to be fine here in MA wth their help. I needed to post this because I was certainly vocal enough in my criticism. Just persevere. Sometimes things get lost in the crunch.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you engineer! My problem has been resolved. I can respond appropriately within an appropriate time frame and PPA has come through. I think we are going to be fine here in MA wth their help. I needed to post this because I was certainly vocal enough in my criticism. Just persevere. Sometimes things get lost in the crunch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to help. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The PPA didn't step up for the cool UIGEA poker chips, which pisses me off. That was a huge bang for the buck effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a neat idea.

PPA didn't blow you off. Rather, they didn't go with it because it was perceived to be a negative following Bob Ney's indictment for accepting (real) poker chips. Pappas told me he asked you to contact him about it, but for some reason you both were unable to connect.

I can PM you with more info if you want.