Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2006, 06:48 PM

Default Re: ROI Simulator Version 2 - Free ROI Simulation / Analysis Software

sorry to bump this old thread, but I got linked to it from another site and have never seen it before. Can anyone provide an up-to-date link?
Old 06-20-2006, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry to bump this old thread, but I got linked to it from another site and have never seen it before. Can anyone provide an up-to-date link?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.rvgsoftware.com/roisimulator.zip for the executable

http://www.rvgsoftware.com/roisimulatorsource.zip for source code

You need .NET framework 1.1 to run the app.

rvg
Old 11-08-2007, 12:31 AM

Sorry to bump an old thread...

I was wondering if the link to the example pic in the op could be fixed (it seems to be down).

I noticed the application seems to crash when entering decimals for the payout structure. Entering a value of $22.50 (1st place on a Stars $5.50), for instance, results in an error.

And just to clarify... the value entered in the "Buy-in" should include the fee, correct?

Thanks!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:36 AM

Yes buyin should include the rake. Decimals do crash it, but you can fix that by multiplying everything by 10 or 100 including the buyin.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:48 PM

You know, one thing I started wondering about recently. Actually what got me thinking was spacegravy's first 1000 sngs or so (at like 3%-ish? - forgive me if I get the #s wrong), then the next 2k (at over 10%-ish), then the next 1k (at < 5%-ish). No ROI simulator can really take into account the variance of different players being online right?

I mean who knows, for the same player - one week could just happen to be a 10% ROI week, and another a 0% ROI week. Do we have any way to model the variance of SNG toughness, and how much it could vary from day to day, week to week, or month to month? You pretty much would need to know the annual ROI of everyone playing during that time period, or at least 10 good players or something, to see how they fare.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You know, one thing I started wondering about recently. Actually what got me thinking was spacegravy's first 1000 sngs or so (at like 3%-ish? - forgive me if I get the #s wrong), then the next 2k (at over 10%-ish), then the next 1k (at < 5%-ish). No ROI simulator can really take into account the variance of different players being online right?

I mean who knows, for the same player - one week could just happen to be a 10% ROI week, and another a 0% ROI week. Do we have any way to model the variance of SNG toughness, and how much it could vary from day to day, week to week, or month to month? You pretty much would need to know the annual ROI of everyone playing during that time period, or at least 10 good players or something, to see how they fare.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not possible.

A ROI Simulator can simulate only under the assumption "everything else being equal" = the way you play and the way your opponents play. IT's basically the same 9 players every time.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:25 AM

Yeah, so when someone says "dude you ran -5% over 1k SNGs, there's a .01% (or whatever) chance that you're a 10% player." Could just be you played a ton on a horrible week and ran bad.

Now maybe weeks can't be that variant. But we really have no idea how much the field can possibly vary from one week to another. Could be something interesting to try to study sometime.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:08 PM

i dont understand something....

for whatever sample you have at a given buyin, you enter the percent for 1 2 and3 finishes?

i have a small sample of 60s (434) with 55,47,76 frist second thirds.. i divide 55,47,76 by 434 and enter those numbers in the percent spots for 1/2/3?

i'm getting actual roi 17.99 .. when actual is actually 7.97

its alos saying that theres an 20% chance my roi is as high as 22% !
Old 11-09-2007, 02:42 PM

Buyin should be $60 not $55