Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Re: KK UTG+1

Doesn't flat calling in option one let give a ton of people behind you very good odds to see the flop? That's my concern with example one.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't flat calling in option one let give a ton of people behind you very good odds to see the flop? That's my concern with example one.

[/ QUOTE ]
I kind of like the flat call, as cold 4-betting gives away your hand here. If it winds up 5-way, the pot is pretty big, so I would take my chances someone outflopped me.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i suppose it does but i'm okay with that. i guess an argument could be made for 4-betting smallish(like 1050) to iso vs the 3-bettor w/ intentions to fold to a 5-bet w/o a read...but if i was gonna do that i'd wanna be pretty damn sure that guys aren't going to 5-bet ak or qq(i'm discounting bluffs). i also think this deep if a guy flat calls behind us and raises a cbet on most boards we don't flop a set on we can probably fold w/o a read.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really care if five more people call, tbh. in fact, that might make our hand much easier to play, given the guy we're really worried about acts before we do.