Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 03:34 AM

Default Correct Play Here?

Not much of a read on the villain 20/18/3.5 over 40ish hands. I've been playing fairly loose three betting and playing a bunch of random hands because we were 3 handed for a while. So I figure once the villain bets out we have $34ish in the pot and I'm either way ahead or way behind to AA. I guess the question is does the villain making this move often enough without AA. After typing this post, and thinking about it I'm guessing yes it is worth calling/shoving but other people's opinions would be appreciated.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $6.80
Hero (BB): $44.15
UTG: $50.65
CO: $3.30
BTN: $25.30

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $1, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.20</font>, UTG calls $2.20, BTN calls $2.20

Flop: ($9.70) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6.90</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $19.25</font>
Old 11-09-2007, 03:38 AM

Default Re: Correct Play Here?

im raising more preflop (at least $4) and getting it all in on this flop... based on your post im guessing he had AA... but why are you discrediting 66 and 77? they are both in his range as well
Old 11-09-2007, 04:04 AM

You could be tied, and 77 and 66 are actually more likely than AA (based on available cards and the preflop action).

But with only a little over 4x the pot in your stack going into the flop, I think you're basically committed now that you've hit your hand -- especially if you have a somewhat wild image.

Hopefully he has a worse ace or is making a play based on the idea that that ace might scare you.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:22 AM

Call and check/shove turn but throw up a little if the turn is a Q and slightly less if it's a J.

And yea villian prolly has 77/66 more than AA here.

Though you know looking at it again I really don't think folding is bad. He raised UTG and called a 3bet from the BB and now raised on that flop. AK,77,66 really does have to be a large part of his range, Reads would be nice aas to whether he'd bluff here a lot or if he'd have called that 3bet with AQ/AJ and be playing it strong.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:34 AM

i agree that you should raise more pf and that folding isn't too bad here with villaisn showing such extreme strength. i think this is 66 or 77 more often than not imo.