Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Re: ***official cleveland browns thread***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What I wonder is how the Browns, a last place team, got stuck with this absolute brutal schedule?

[/ QUOTE ]

They're the only team in the division that doesn't play the Browns.

[/ QUOTE ]

HA!

'it's funny, because it's truuuue'
Old 09-13-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, this is a management failure almost beyond belief. Apparently Charlie Frye's entire future with the team was going to be evaluated on 22 minutes of football. Excellent work on turning a 3rd round pick into a 6th round pick, as well.

Seriously, I hate this team and everyone associated with it. Blow it up and start over. I'd rather have an expansion franchise than this clusterfuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't live in Cleveland but grew up there. I grew up being a Browns fan but when the Browns left I found that may passion for the Browns left as well. I could never get into the expansion Browns for whatever reason(s).

The Charlie Frye thing is a fiasco. Quinn will be starting soon no doubt. Romeo is a goner too. I know how much Clevelanders love their football and I'm sure the town wants to see the Browns do well. The new franchise has been a fiasco though and it's amazing that Lerner can't get more out of the franchise than he has. I thought Art was bad but this is ridiculous.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
frye is definitely trash, he's horrible.

that said, how [censored] dysfunctional is the coaching staff??? you have a battle all training camp, you PICK THE STARTING QUARTERBACK, and one 4-10 performance over THE FIRST QUARTER OF THE YEAR, and you drop him??

wtf?

i know as much as anyone how bad frye sucks, that's not what i'm talking about. if i had to hear 1 more time about how mobile he is, while he stands there and ducks under the rush 2 seconds after every other quarterback in the league would've gotten rid of it, i'd kill myself.

but why did he start in the first place if you were going to trade him based on 1 bad quarter against a very good defense?

again, i'll take the sack of beans over frye every day, all day. but the thinking is what gets me..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep this is how I basically view it. I guess Crennel has a big contract because I can't figure out why this guy is even back coaching the Browns this year. Maybe Cleveland will make a pitch for Cowher and realized that he wouldn't be available until next year. Might as well have a lame duck coach but then the Dallas trade for the rights to draft Quinn ... Oh well management for the Browns franchise appears to FUBAR to me.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:54 PM

*drooling over your draft pick*

please lord, #1
Old 09-17-2007, 02:51 PM

No bump for the Brownies Madden-like victory? Come on people.

KJS
Old 11-08-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No bump for the Brownies Madden-like victory? Come on people.

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, BUMP for the big game next week, going to Pittsburgh with a division share on the line! Who would have thought that after week 1? Get thrashed by the Steelers, drop 51 on the bengals, lose to a poor Oakland team on a missed FG, beat up the Ravens, lose to, but not humiliated by, the Patriots, beat miami and ST louis, squeak one out against seattle.

Sadly Lecharles won't be playing for us this year, Happily our o-line is solid. All we needed was 2 free agents, the best lineman in the draft and to move our L gaurd to r gaurd. Strangely enough after Bentley's injury the only position we didn't need to change was C!

Derek Anderson. Ok, he's making good decisions, can rocket the ball and occasionally makes some beautiful passes. He also has to get bailed out by some brilliant catches by Bralyon, Kellen, and the rest of the WR corps.

Braylon- apparently if you hit him between the numbers he can't catch it. Throw it 3 yards over his head and he comes down with it every time. Perhaps DA's accuracy problems are meshing perfectly with Edwards' hands. It bizarre to watch.

Kellen- One fully healthy year, please just one healthy year and I think he'd be as good as Gates.

Joe Thomas- stud.

O- line- very good minus the pittsburgh game.

Jamal Lewis- ok for short yardage want to see more Jerome harrison.

Cribbs, fun as hell to watch. Needs more work as a receiver.

Eric Wright- Leads our team in tackles? Sureist sign of a bad defense is a corner back leading the team in tackles. Still hes a hell of an athlete, love him in coverage foe the next few years.

Andra Davis- 6th on the team in tackles, what has happened here? Behind 2 CBs and a safety.

Oh well, [censored] D, good O, lets go browns!
Old 11-08-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly think they have a chance to make the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone made fun of me, especially for saying the division was weak. come on browns, superbowl champs.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:59 PM

hell yea browns, huge game , one time
Old 11-08-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kellen- One fully healthy year, please just one healthy year and I think he'd be as good as Gates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Winslow is absolutely fearless. I don't know if same can be said for Gates.