Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Who would you 3-bet in this spot?

I like the LRR. remember to do it with other hands than KK, AA as well. AKs, AQs, KQs, 99, TT, JJ, QQ.

When you have a maniac to your left its fine to LRR.

But as Miles said. You show a lot of strength preflop, so when people play back at you they know you have KK, AA rather often but dont care as they have a better hand.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:07 AM

Thank you for all the replies. It was actually a bad beat in disguise..

The SB was on the passive side but I got to think if I would have 3-bet anyone but the most agressive players in this spot.

PokerRoom 2/4 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls $5.55 (All-In), Hero calls.

River: (15.38 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.38 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kd Ks (two pair, kings and queens).
SB has 8s Qs (three of a kind, queens).
BB doesn't show.
Outcome: SB wins 17.38 BB. </font>
Old 11-08-2007, 04:17 AM

people may disagree with this, but I really don't think lrr'ing against maniacs turns your hand face up. They do that play with all kinds of hands, and typically aren't too worried about hand reading. so he probably thinks that you could be doing this with 67s, because he would.

I 3-bet the turn because a maniac in a 4handed game is raising with most 1 pair hands and draws, and the board is pretty draw heavy. plus you stil have a decent number of outs against everything but sets. Maybe it isn't correct, but I think it is closer than some of you guys think.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:07 AM

@ thepizzlefosho
The SB wasn't a maniac - that's the problem [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
I just gave him a bit too much respect I guess - I actually considered raising a blank river after my turn call but I am not sure I would have done it - the good old 'the pot is big enough, let's just get it done...'
And I agree with the LRR against donks! The SB obviously hadn't a clue...