Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation gen advice - volume 2

[ QUOTE ]
Simple question for you guys. I met a girl at a bar the other night. I'm incredibly drunk, probably hovering around being blacked out, and start hitting it off with this girl towards the end of the night. We leave the bar together in search of food. Eventually she gives me a ride home and we make out for a little while in front of my house. The problem is I inputed her number in my phone and dialed it rather than entering it as a new address with her name. When I woke up on Sunday, blank, I realize I have no clue what her name is. From what I remember she seems worth calling and trying to hang out with her again.

Note: Her voice mail doesn't contain her name.

What's the best line here? Call and explain I forgot her name? Other?

[/ QUOTE ]

The most sure fire route is to get a friend to call on your behalf, ask for *random name here*, when she says he has the wrong number, ask her to clarify her name. But if you call the same day, she might realise if she's smart.

A way for you personally to do it is to call the number, and say "hey liz (or your sisters name, or a cousin, or whatever), I just deposited the money in your account". She'll say its not liz, you ask who it is, she'll say her name, then you play off the "ohhh [censored] I dialed the wrong number, how funny, look I'll call you back in five!".
Old 11-08-2007, 12:19 AM

Hey guys,

Have any of you dated or married or whatever with a girl who is significantly less intelligent than you?

How important is having comparable intelligence levels in a long term relationship?

For example, if your girlfriend was really nice to you, had a great personality, and was physically attractive, but she is not as smart as you, how would that impact things? Where does intelligence rank on the totem pole?
Old 11-08-2007, 12:23 AM

j, slightly worried if she pulls out a simple name.

m, I think this could work although I like Atrurius' idea a little better of having a friend call and ask for x and when she says no this isn't her he asks, oh who is this...

How about something via txt? Maybe me sending her a text saying I had fun the other night and signing my name at the end hoping she responds doing the same?
Old 11-08-2007, 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Have any of you dated or married or whatever with a girl who is significantly less intelligent than you?

[/ QUOTE ]
In my experience, it's not a deal breaker, or even a huge problem, as long as you respect each other. It doesn't have to get in the way of having great discussions, or learning from each other.

When the respect wasn't there, I felt I couldn't take the relationship seriously, which was a problem for me. YMMV.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense to the ladies, but I'm strongly considering looking for a chick who doesn't speak english on the other side of the world (this doesn't mean she's stupid, but her intelligence will be hard to discern beyond the speed with which she picks up english). I think a loving relationship could develop and might even be more sustainable in this kind of situation, but I'd welcome other thoughts.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ave any of you dated or married or whatever with a girl who is significantly less intelligent than you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Short term it is fine. Actually preferable. Long term no.

Avg intelligence is a deal breaker for long or short term.

That being said some guys wouldn't mind a girl not being that smart. It would give them some extra control in the relationship. Not my thing and that you are asking implies it is probably not yours either.

--------

Phone number and no name: I've managed to go on 3 dates with a girl and no name.

I assume the number is a cell number and not a landline otherwise I'd suggest a reverse directory.

If the bar you met her at is one of her favourites she might have joined it's Facebook group or you might have other information that would help you find her on Facebook.

I wouldn't admit to not remembering it. If you were both drunk then maybe but since she drove she was sober enough. Just fake it long enough until it comes up normally.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense to the ladies, but I'm strongly considering looking for a chick who doesn't speak english on the other side of the world (this doesn't mean she's stupid, but her intelligence will be hard to discern beyond the speed with which she picks up english). I think a loving relationship could develop and might even be more sustainable in this kind of situation, but I'd welcome other thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave up dating girls who aren't native English speakers. I joke around and am very sarcastic and use irony a lot and it gets you down to have to continually explain things to the point when you don't bother joking around anymore.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:45 AM

A girl has to be able to understand my jokes and hold a conversation with me consistently. That's as far as her intelligence needs to take her.

You'd be surprised how hard it is to find a girl that fits that criteria thoguh
Old 11-08-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A girl has to be able to understand my jokes and hold a conversation with me consistently. That's as far as her intelligence needs to take her.

You'd be surprised how hard it is to find a girl that fits that criteria thoguh

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly how hard it is. It took me 36 years to find an awesome one. Worth the wait though.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I gave up dating girls who aren't native English speakers. I joke around and am very sarcastic and use irony a lot and it gets you down to have to continually explain things to the point when you don't bother joking around anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all just a matter of personal preference. Although I am sexually attracted to American girls, I am sure I would never marry one. I'm not entirely sure why, but I strongly prefer continental European women.

As long as a woman can speak English fluently, I prefer non-native speakers. English is my girlfriend's third language. When we first met, our cultural differences resulted in humorous situations and made for easy conversation starters. As time went on our conversations became more meaningful, her English got better with practice and I started to learn her language. She definitely knows me well and can relate to me better than any of my previous American girlfriends.

Two of my friends who have dated girls from other countries strongly prefer American girls. It just depends what you are looking for and what you value.