Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2006, 05:45 PM

Default Got completely confused here.....

SB 35/22/0.7 over 23 hands and had not c/r'd yet.
C/O 16/13/3.0

Comments on all streets would be appreciated. Ta.

Cryptologic 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13.00 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

Turn: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Got completely confused here.....

I fold the flop. I'd be interested to see what people think about folding pf.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:52 PM

Fold preflop. (When it comes back capped.)

Flop peel is way too tempting because it was capped preflop. Often you are facing a pair bigger than 99 and an Ace that has you dominated. But I guess I still call, and call one more if CO raises and SB doesn't 3-bet. But this is an awful spot to be in. Stupid pot odds.

SB isn't check/folding in a 7.5 BB pot. Just check and hope to hit a 9, since most likely his hand is a big Ace. Easy fold once he screwplays you.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:54 PM

I'd let the flop go. Even from an aggressive player a cold cap is rarely a worse hand then A9. CO's 3-bet is also a bad sign. I wouldn't bet the turn either. An off tempo check here is rarely going to be a c/f from this type of player. He is either trying to c/r you or he's in SD mode with what ever he has. I'd check and fold to a river bet.

Edit: I'm not folding pf.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:17 PM

I'd just dump it pre when it comes back for two more. You're drawing very slim as it's likely neither your ace nor your 9 is clean.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:17 PM

Preflop, I open-raise like you did and then probably let it go when it comes back to me capped. It's possible that if I'd seen what SB had been showing down during his 23 hands at the table, that would change my mind. It seems pretty obvious we're behind CO's range, though, and the potential domination we're facing from two players is problematic here. Plus, we're only getting 11:2, at this point.

On the flop I probably dump it, fearing a raise from CO behind me.

If I'm still in on the turn, I think I check. You don't need to get a fold from AQ very often, though, to make a bluff good, so firing one off to represent the king is tempting.

Once SB checkraises, it's an easy fold.