Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Re-run the flop? You make the call

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This is why I would rule the hand dead. The player that hasn't called yet has plenty of chances to say "hey, stop what you are doing, I haven't acted yet."

[/ QUOTE ]

"plenty"?

I've seen a lot of dealers center all but the last bet (in this case the last $50) and then wait for the last guy to act. Yelling "hold it!" just gets a player a dirty look and a snide "I was just centering the bets, I wasn't going to flop yet" / "I know what I'm doing".

Yes, once the dealer raps and burns, I would be yelling "Stop!".

Funny, neither all-in player seem to have said a word either, knowing there was a player yet to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was the one who was MP+1 I could've sworn that the guy who asked for the re-flop had said call but I guess he didn't. To say the least I was totally confused and was kind of at a loss for words. I flop a set in a pot for close to 100 BB then all of a sudden it gets taken away.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is the same way I felt. After it was all said and done I had a weird feeling that the guy that call for the re-deal of the flop was trying to get over on everyone. He had plenty of time to stop the dealer. He didn't even say anything until after the girl showed her AA. Then all of a sudden he starts complaining about not having a chance to call and already seeing her cards...etc etc. It just seems to me that he just wanted to see another flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

He still would have to call $55 to "see another flop" facing AA and another probably strong hand. He would not be getting a free ride. Whether or not it would be a good call (whatever he had) with a $300 pot, I leave up to the math boys.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:28 PM

I'm guessing that he's calling the 55 regardless. After allt the comotion he called the 55 for the second flop already knowing he was up against AA and TT. Underdog or not though I guess it's better to get two chances than one. I can pretty much guarantee you if he flopped a big hand he wouldn't have said anything.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:37 PM

I still don't understand.
Two players all in.
A third player never calls the last bet. He still has his cards.
The dealer starts to burn and flop.

Why didn't either of the two all-ins say anything?
Old 11-07-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This is the same way I felt. After it was all said and done I had a weird feeling that the guy that call for the re-deal of the flop was trying to get over on everyone. He had plenty of time to stop the dealer. He didn't even say anything until after the girl showed her AA. Then all of a sudden he starts complaining about not having a chance to call and already seeing her cards...etc etc. It just seems to me that he just wanted to see another flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

He still would have to call $55 to "see another flop" facing AA and another probably strong hand. He would not be getting a free ride. Whether or not it would be a good call (whatever he had) with a $300 pot, I leave up to the math boys.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's got positive equity versus the AA if he's holding JJ-KK to call 55 here as long as he can get a new flop. I'm not sure how many players would dilly dally around and not just instacall 55 into a 300+ pot with JJ-KK though.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still don't understand.
Two players all in.
A third player never calls the last bet. He still has his cards.
The dealer starts to burn and flop.

Why didn't either of the two all-ins say anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was one of the all-ins, I had the tens. I honestly thought he had said call. Because he looked right at the dealer pound the felt then burn and turn the flop and he still said absolutely nothing until the girl showed her AA.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly thought he had said call.

[/ QUOTE ]

And did the dealer think he said "Call"?
And the person with Aces?
And you didn't say anything when he did not put chips into the pot?