Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Doesn\'t it erk you when....

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I know what you mean.

I prefer guys who sit quietly, observe everything I do, play tight, aggressive, tricky poker and are very hard to get money from. When I'm at a table full of those guys, I'm in heaven.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are donators out there who aren't a-holes. Generally, they don't like to play in unfun games and leave. They you're stuck with 8-9 guys there for the money and 1 spewing a-hole.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:59 PM

Anytime I hear," I know for a fact I got you beat."

Than they proceed to fold and tell everyone at the table how they laid down the best hand.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:25 PM

I also don't like the donkey accusations and the free poker lessons at a table, but it's not because I find the persons who make them annoying.

First, I think that the accusations are inaccurate a large percentage of the time. The more that I learn and study this game, the more I understand and appreciate how many different ways there are to play it profitably. Thus, the move that may look moronic to someone else may, in fact, be part of some well thought-out strategy that made it the right play at the right time against the right opponent.

Second, if the donkey accusation should actually hit the mark, I can't think of one good reason to give that guy playing advice. The only time that I think seriously about leaving a table is when it is filled with people who know what they are doing. I don't like the beats that donkey-moves sometimes generate any more than anyone else, but in the quiet moments that come after I let go of the fleeting injustice of losing a particular pot, I'm thankful that the donkey was at my table and tried to give me his chips.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:27 PM

I wouldn't be irritated at all. These guys are giving away free information. Just listen, and be grateful that that they are so generous with information that you might be able to use against them later.