Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 09:48 AM

Default Re: 100NL. UTG pre-flop raise. Nice flop for 1010.

[ QUOTE ]
i generally dont 3bet ABC TAGs with TT that raise UTG. Hes not not calling OOP with AK/AQ so youre usually just getting shoved on or getting him to fold here. his range for calling the 3 bet has you pretty well crushed unless you have a better read on him.

that said i think flop is a pretty trivial fold

[/ QUOTE ]

22/15 is TAG now? 15% encompasses an awful lot of hands, including ATs+ and 22+, and TT is far too good a hand not to 3 bet in position.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i generally dont 3bet ABC TAGs with TT that raise UTG. Hes not not calling OOP with AK/AQ so youre usually just getting shoved on or getting him to fold here. his range for calling the 3 bet has you pretty well crushed unless you have a better read on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

22/15 is TAG now? 15% encompasses an awful lot of hands, including ATs+ and 22+, and TT is far too good a hand not to 3 bet in position.

[/ QUOTE ]

For a lot of people UTG raising standards are tight. However it is safe to expect any pair here. I think calling here invites a squeeze bet, since the UTG raiser's range here is any pair, AK/AQ at least, imo.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not 3-betting for value because you're ahead of villains raising range, you're 3-betting for value because your ahead of 1/2 of his 3-bet calling range. I doubt hero is ahead of 1/2 of villains calling range.

I like calling preflop.
As played and without 3-bet history I fold.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're not 3-betting for value because you're ahead of villains raising range, you're 3-betting for value because your ahead of 1/2 of his 3-bet calling range. I doubt hero is ahead of 1/2 of villains calling range.

I like calling preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-07-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I like calling preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? You're looking at this backwards imo. The strength in light/semi-light 3 betting isn't value, its fold equity. How much of his opening range is folding to a 3 bet?
Old 11-07-2007, 01:40 PM

call preflop/fold now is what I'd say as well. I only really 3bet TT when i'm OOP to a co or btn raise
Old 11-07-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I like calling preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? You're looking at this backwards imo. The strength in light/semi-light 3 betting isn't value, its fold equity. How much of his opening range is folding to a 3 bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think TT is the worst hand you can 3bet strictly for value against a TAGs UTG raise. FE is not relevant when you are 3betting for value, you are only folding out hands that are flipping with you like AQ, AJ, AT, KQ, KJ etc. anything lower and i would consider it light

it is a tough spot, i would usually call with TT here against an unknown because i don't know his range that well. i think that you can bet TT for value but it leads to difficult spots like this.

flipping is fine for us because of how big the pot is already. i think against a normal TAG the minraise is weak, so i think i am shoving here. the variance is sick, but at least i get a read for the future.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:12 PM

Are you guys serious? This isn't full ring limit. A TAG's UTG raise includes ATo+,22+. I'm not sure what to do vs. the minraise, but up to there the hand is well played. 3bet TT all day long.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you guys serious? This isn't full ring limit. A TAG's UTG raise includes ATo+,22+. I'm not sure what to do vs. the minraise, but up to there the hand is well played. 3bet TT all day long.

[/ QUOTE ]

youre missing the point. we all know abc tag's can rasie 22-99 UTG but he isnt going to call our 3 bet with them. like wise he raises ATo+ utg but hes doesnt call a 3bet with any of those either. he either shoves and we have to fold the best hand, or he folds and w get 0 value. and we know he can raise JJ-AA PF but he wont fold them to out 3-bet.

so without a very good read on villains exact 3bet calling range OOP, and an even better read on how he plays on various flop textures with those hands that he does call with, then when you have TT vs an UTG raise from an ABC tag
calling > 3-betting
Old 11-08-2007, 05:23 AM

If you call this your effectively comitting yourself to the hand. Villains line screams strength. I fold.