Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Custom chips art work help

[ QUOTE ]
She used the chip edge color for each background. I think this is a nice imporvement. What do you think?

http://www.pokerchips.com/proof/26201.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I say, take the cards/flames from chip #6 (bottom, white lable with rolled Aces), reposition it on the gray and white labels (#2 and #3), and you have a winner.

I'm not the biggest fan of trying to match the background to the chips. If it's not spot-on perfect, it generally looks bleh to me.

However, these are YOUR chips. Go with what you like.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I say, take the cards/flames from chip #6 (bottom, white lable with rolled Aces), reposition it on the gray and white labels (#2 and #3),

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, white cards on a white background are going ot be pretty blah.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:56 AM

Sorry to hijack but I am also in the middle of selecting a design/colors for a 600 chip set. What is a good breakdown for those 600 chips as far as number of chips for each color/design goes?
Old 11-07-2007, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to hijack

[/ QUOTE ]

Like you're sorry to suck out and take down a pot? Liar

[ QUOTE ]
but I am also in the middle of selecting a design/colors for a 600 chip set. What is a good breakdown for those 600 chips as far as number of chips for each color/design goes?

[/ QUOTE ]

What stakes?

Cash or tourney? (Don't use the set for both, unless you REALLY trust the people playing)

Future plans for growth?
Old 11-07-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What stakes?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't host home games that often. I guess I got stuck with something that I don't really need but would like to make sure I do it right. Usually, we do $10 or $20 BI with up to 10 people.

[ QUOTE ]

Cash or tourney? (Don't use the set for both, unless you REALLY trust the people playing)

[/ QUOTE ]
Most likely tourney but really would like to steer everyone towards a cash game. So, is there a middle ground for this as far as the breakdown goes if I decide to do both?

[ QUOTE ]

Future plans for growth?

[/ QUOTE ]

No real plans. Recreational games with friends and family for very low stakes.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What stakes?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't host home games that often. I guess I got stuck with something that I don't really need but would like to make sure I do it right. Usually, we do $10 or $20 BI with up to 10 people.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Most likely tourney but really would like to steer everyone towards a cash game. So, is there a middle ground for this as far as the breakdown goes if I decide to do both?

[ QUOTE ]

Future plans for growth?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was me, I'd do something like:

150 blue/gray/whatever? - $0.25
200 white - $1
100 red - $5
100 green - $25
50 black - $100

Plenty of small chips for your cash games, and that gives you 8000+ chips for tournaments. Tournaments could still play very deep - you could start with T500 chips for your tourneys, a start the blinds at whatever you wanted... 1/2, 2/5, 5/10 etc.

Your typical $20 cash buy-in could be something like 12 blues, 7 whites, 2 reds. Blinds could just be $0.25/$0.25 (it's really no big deal in a home game to have the small and big blinds the same - everyone calls from the small blind anyway, and you get used to it quickly. I actually like it better in casual games now that I'm used to it.)

A T500 tournament stack could be: 10 whites, 8 reds, 10 greens, 2 blacks. Or 10 reds, 10 greens, 2 blacks if you're starting with 5/5 or 5/10 blinds.

* Also, if you wanted to be able to start with T1000 stacks, just add another 50 blacks, and only order 150 whites or something.

** If you want 10-cent chips for the cash games, you could always make your smallest chips non-denominational. They can be dimes for the time being, and then you won't have to change anything if you guys move up to $0.25/$0.50 eventually or something.

There's a lot of ways you could go - just throwing some things out there.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What stakes?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Future plans for growth?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was me, I'd do something like:

150 blue/gray/whatever? - $0.25
200 white - $1
100 red - $5
100 green - $25
50 black - $100

Plenty of small chips for your cash games, and that gives you 8000+ chips for tournaments. Tournaments could still play very deep - you could start with T500 chips for your tourneys, a start the blinds at whatever you wanted... 1/2, 2/5, 5/10 etc.

Your typical $20 cash buy-in could be something like 12 blues, 7 whites, 2 reds. Blinds could just be $0.25/$0.25 (it's really no big deal in a home game to have the small and big blinds the same - everyone calls from the small blind anyway, and you get used to it quickly. I actually like it better in casual games now that I'm used to it.)

A T500 tournament stack could be: 10 whites, 8 reds, 10 greens, 2 blacks. Or 10 reds, 10 greens, 2 blacks if you're starting with 5/5 or 5/10 blinds.

* Also, if you wanted to be able to start with T1000 stacks, just add another 50 blacks, and only order 150 whites or something.

** If you want 10-cent chips for the cash games, you could always make your smallest chips non-denominational. They can be dimes for the time being, and then you won't have to change anything if you guys move up to $0.25/$0.50 eventually or something. Or you could always "pretend" the $25 chips are 25-cent chips when you're playing cash.

There's a lot of ways you could go - just throwing some things out there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-07-2007, 11:10 AM

" you could always make your smallest chips non-denominational."

I strongly recommend this

UMTerp, aren't you required to include a link to your game setup, in every post you make this month?
:P
Old 11-07-2007, 11:51 AM

UMTerp,

Thanks for the suggestion. I like what you are proposing as it leaves some room to make adjustments. I wasn't going to put denominations on any of the chips. Is that bad?
Old 11-07-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UMTerp,

Thanks for the suggestion. I like what you are proposing as it leaves some room to make adjustments. I wasn't going to put denominations on any of the chips. Is that bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all - they're your chips...