Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 06:42 AM

Default Combo draw on flop with action

Hi guys first time posting here after venturing in to mNL having messed around for the last year or so casually. I think I know the answer to this but would be good to see what you all think.

I only had about 20 hands on these guys and they were showing 47/20 (BTN) and 38/6 (SB). I was trying to play a pretty much standard 6-max game and my overall stats are 30/24 but in the small sample of hands they saw from me I was at about 41/35 and had been pretty active

Party Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $22.17
Hero (BB): $25.32
UTG: $19.35
MP: $25.60
CO: $34.80
BTN: $19.83

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
3 folds, BTN calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, BTN calls $1.25, SB calls $1.25

Flop: ($4.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $6.50</font>, SB calls $6.50, <font color="red">Hero ...........</font>
Old 11-07-2007, 06:55 AM

Default Re: Combo draw on flop with action

Shoves. This is exactly what you wanted to happen when you bet flop.

Edit: On a drawy board I think betting more on flop is good. Maybe between 3.75 to 4? Obviously you have a draw this time but you don't want to become predictable (ie betting strong here with a set to charge drawers but betting small when you have a draw yourself).
Old 11-07-2007, 07:01 AM

I don't like a shove here, we're gauranteed 1 caller and shoving combo draws when we're definately getting a caller isn't too good imo. WIth the other guy in the hand I much prefer calling the flop in hope of stacking two guys
Old 11-07-2007, 07:02 AM

don't care 4 vthe raise pf.with 20 dollars in the pot after btn raises costing 3 more a no brainer i'm ai your getting 6 to 1
Old 11-07-2007, 07:05 AM

meh shoving is fine and pretty standard given this action. You are going to be put in a really crappy spot on the turn if you just call and will have a tough time getting paid off if you hit unless villains are really bad, so I get it in with a fistpump as you have tons of equity against almost anything on this flop.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:22 AM

On the pf raise - what are your opinions on this. This is a fairly standard raise for me in that situation ie open limp from a loose button and SB completes. I figure I am ahead of most of their ranges and these sort of players fold often enough to a c-bet when you miss to make it +ev - plus the aggression can pay off when you do hit a monster and they play back.

Interested in your thoughts...
Old 11-07-2007, 07:27 AM

its definitely the bottom of the range that i would conisider raising here, but its not terrible. i prefer checking because at these stakes you are likely to just build a big pot oop with a marginal hand.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:30 AM

If it was a suited Ace on the CO of button this is an instant raise. But from the BB, I don't like it.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like a shove here, we're gauranteed 1 caller and shoving combo draws when we're definately getting a caller isn't too good imo. WIth the other guy in the hand I much prefer calling the flop in hope of stacking two guys

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you're likely to get a caller here but I also think SB is showing up here with a smaller FD a whole lot. What else can he be calling with? A straight and a set would both want to get it in on this board. There's a good chance button has the straight/set/two pair but oh well, I'm getting it anyway, especially considering SB is likely to calling with near dead money.
[ QUOTE ]
On the pf raise - what are your opinions on this. This is a fairly standard raise for me in that situation ie open limp from a loose button and SB completes. I figure I am ahead of most of their ranges and these sort of players fold often enough to a c-bet when you miss to make it +ev - plus the aggression can pay off when you do hit a monster and they play back.

Interested in your thoughts...

[/ QUOTE ]
PF raise is 100% standard.

Edit: Crap, I really gotta start paying more attention before I respond. Yeah, I just check behind PF from the blinds.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:57 AM

I think PF was fine. I wouldn't make a habit of it though. you were just trying to iso into HU. That is actually a good thing at these stakes. Shoving a combo draw with no made hand is bad. Combo draws by themselves are only really strong when we have FE. I would definitely call or raise the 3b flop, but don't shove. Getting a caller for all of it is like open shoving with AQ PF when you know there are 5's out there. It's not +EV.
as played, both of these guys have put in almost 1/4 of their stack. I don't think a raise would be good as they are becoming committed and we only have a big draw with nothing solid yet. I call and peel one off.