Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Flopped K-High Flush With Heavy Action

5-handed with $0.25/$0.50 blinds, it was limped around to me in the BB. I looked down to see Kd Td and checked my option.

$2.50 in the pot and the flop came up gin: 2d 4d 5d.

The SB, a LAG of debatable skill lead out right away with $1. This player was a bit tough to read because he had a mix of very good and very bad tendencies. He was a bet-bot who liked to pound the pot and was capable of firing three shells with air or the nuts. He showed a propensity to overcall and get into situations where there was simply no reason to get involved. Conversely, he had shown down several monster hands during the night and seemed to be running well. He was sitting with about $60 in chips.

I decided to flat call the bet to see if I could draw in any more callers, then spring into action on the turn. This of course, was a risky move as anyone could be holding the Ad and could draw out, but I was willing to risk that chance given that the pot was so small at the moment. I had about $40 behind.

It was folded to the button who now made it $3 to go. This wasn't really a player to be feared as he tended to overvalue certain hands in situations that warranted an easy fold, and overcall when it wasn't necessary. He was on his third buy-in and was sitting with about $20 behind.

This seemed like a great development for me. I knew the SB would call, so I was already planning a big reraise. To my surprise however, the SB reraised and made it $6 to go.

Now this was way more action than I wanted. The SB lead out into 4 other players on a dangerous flop. I call, the button raises and the SB reraises. What to do now?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Flopped K-High Flush With Heavy Action

are you asking how quickly your money should get in? I don't worry about the button here, who has less than 50 BB's. The SB could have a straight with the Ad, a set, a straight without the diamond, or a pair with the Ad. Put the button all in, and call a shove from the SB.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are you asking how quickly your money should get in? I don't worry about the button here, who has less than 50 BB's. The SB could have a straight with the Ad, a set, a straight without the diamond, or a pair with the Ad. Put the button all in, and call a shove from the SB.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-07-2007, 11:16 PM

I think when people are first getting serious about playing, they begin trying to make epic laydowns. Don't. Never folding the second nuts is a small leak; folding it often is a huge one. Especially vs a lagtard who could have air, probably has something strong, but is almost never beating you. This is like trying to fold 99 on a 9T3 board because you're afraid of a set of tens.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:10 AM

You have less than a 100BBs and you nailed your gin hand. This is where you shove and know you made the right play, especially against the opponents you described.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:41 AM

I go broke against all types of opponents after underrepping my hand first time around, so especially against these guys
Old 11-08-2007, 01:47 AM

Insta push