Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2006, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Best thing you ever did/got away with drunk---(except getting laid

[ QUOTE ]
You know the cops probably only said that to scare you, right? They didn't actually want to get you in that much trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you're right, but the fact it was written on the ticket made me worry for about a year (I quickly got another fake about 2 weeks after, I learn my lessons)
Old 03-19-2006, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WOW, that is an incredible story. My mouth is hanging wide open.

Part of me doesn't believe it, part of me thinks you're an idiot, but another part of me is so amazed by this, that I just have to take my hat off for it.

Nice trip report, just don't ever [censored] do it again.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can understand you're reluctance to believe the story, but yes, it happened.

I was very much an idiot in those days (some would claim these days as well).

Hopefully I won't ever do it again, because it was things like this that led me to quit drinking.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:46 PM

I wasn't really "drunk," but I got pulled over once when I was 18 after having 3 or 4 beers and blew a 0.00 on the breathalyzer after insisting I hadn't been drinking. Got away scot-free, pretty lucky because DUI at that age means no drivey till 21.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:06 PM

You are a [censored] idiot.

Driving with a sober person RIGHT next to you. And blasting at 105 mph DRUNK.

This story would have been better if you friend was writting about how soberingly tragic it was that you crashed into that resturant while trying to elude the cops and died.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:32 PM

Honestly, youre a [censored] idiot. So is anyone else who drives drunk, especially whens theres a [censored] sober person beside you. I guess that guys the biggest moron though for agreeing to get in the car with you.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:37 PM

For the record, I've never gotten laid while drunk.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are a [censored] idiot.

Driving with a sober person RIGHT next to you. And blasting at 105 mph DRUNK.

This story would have been better if you friend was writting about how soberingly tragic it was that you crashed into that resturant while trying to elude the cops and died.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Highly disturbing. Thanks. I have been thinking of nothing else for the last 30 minutes. I know you were talking about the original post but it could easily apply to me as well.

Your post made me think of something I never really thought of. I got in an accident once when I was drunk where I turned left when I wasnt in the left lane. The problem was that a car was flying down the left lane at about 40 mph. I turned and clipped his back quarter panel and spun both of us out without a lot of real damage. But, had I turned a split second earlier, he would have broadsided me full speed. It was a young sweet college couple and I remember their faces now. Had I not be freakishly lucky, I could have ruined 4 lives and the lives of their families that night. instead, I talked my way out of it with the cop and my friend and I laughed all the way home. I cant believe I did that.

I never thought of that before. ever. I always thought it was kinda funny that I got away with so much crap since I caused no damage and because it has been so long since I had a drink. My friends and I still tell the, "Dude...do you remember when we were F'd up at....." stories. I always thought it was okay because I played sober cab for a lot of years when I first quit drinking like that somehow made up for the behavior.

I never thought that the only difference between me and some total [censored] ing ahole loser is simply stupid luck.

I cant think of a more disturbing thought. I cant imagine some ahole like that, like I was, killing my two girls because he thought is was fun to get high and drunk and cruise with his buddies.

Thank you