Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 11:44 PM

Default Re: Fun w/ TT

i would 3bet this turn without hesitation.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Dude donks, planning on folding if MP raises and calling if CO raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

the next time you have fun with me you should make sure your river plan and turn line matches. Your river plan tells us you should be 3-betting the turn, I dont get it.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I did not see the turn raise coming.

[/ QUOTE ]
so.... that doesnt seem like a good reason for slowing down.

PS: I have fun with you too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does everyone think the dude plays good? Most people I've played with think he's a massive sucker.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not gonna comment on how the dude plays, but it should be pointed out that most people you play with are vegas regulars.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:49 AM

Yeah I'd fold the flop, your backdoor draw barely counts for 1/10th of an out. Given that there are a whole bunch of draws out, just 3 bet the turn.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:11 PM

C'mon Justin, I'm not, but those 2 guys are regulars in that game and I have a lot of time at the tables with them. It's like you say "20/40 at the Mirage, villian is a weak-tight lady" and I'd ask if it was Maureen. There's lots of them, but 1 standout regular.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I'd fold the flop, your backdoor draw barely counts for 1/10th of an out. Given that there are a whole bunch of draws out, just 3 bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude is getting the right price to call one street with implied odds. Its super slim, but its ok.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:58 PM

EDIT out PF comments... I counted the flop pot wrong.

I also think a turn 3 bet is much better here. There is a good chance that at least one of them is drawing, a possibility that MP's ace call 2 more bets, and a nontrivial chance that your c/r on the river will get checked thru.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude is getting the right price to call one street with implied odds. Its super slim, but its ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure about that, we're also assuming he wins every time he hits a ten which he won't because some of the time the ten will complete a straight and other times the flush gets there.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I know you play better than me - so what am I missing?

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, here are my thoughts. Asian Dealer Lady's flop bet felt like an A to me, a lot more than a flush draw, although obviously the flush draw is still possible. By 3betting, I'm letting her get away from her A, and I don't end up with any more money going in the pot from my opponents. Plus, maybe she'll catch 2 pair and donk the river or call my check-raise.

Upon further reflection, I think not 3betting the turn is pretty bad. First of all, I'd love to get 2 more bets out of a flush draw than 1, and even more if Asian Dealer Lady has an A that hit two pair or a gutshot, she's going to call 2 more as well.

Add that there are times when the river check-raise plan is going to fail, and I should certainly be 3betting.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure about that, we're also assuming he wins every time he hits a ten which he won't because some of the time the ten will complete a straight and other times the flush gets there.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not super slim at all. I'm getting 15:1 closing the action with two outs that are almost always good and giving me good implied odds, and I have backdoor straight and flush outs as well. I'm going to win with a flush or straight more often than I spike my T on the turn and lose the pot.