Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If you have changed your beliefs, has your profession had anything to do with it?
YES 2 8.00%
NO 18 72.00%
I HAVE NOT CHANGED MY BELIEFS 5 20.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Stiffing

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is known within the restaurant world as poor form. Same goes for a waiter that asks if you want change. The guy could have been innocent about it, but usually it's not the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Asking if you need change is much different imo. I still think that the guy would just give him 5 singles so he would have the opportunity to tip unless he was short on ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

i had a waitress give me the change from my $20 all in singles, after i bought one drink. i was like, wtf? how dare her.

last time i'm going back to taht strip club.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:08 PM

LOL. Strip clubs are never short on ones. My wife works in a bank and Centerfolds is one of her customers and she tells me they come in every day and get tons of singles.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:02 PM

I went out to breakfast with my buddy the other day and we paid in cash. He threw out a few pennies on top of the cash (including the tip) so she would know that we didn't need change. I'd never seen this before and thought it was pretty smart. Do a lot of people do this? I hate it when they ask, so I'm always looking for ways other than saying I don't need change to keep them from asking.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:18 PM

I stiffed a cabbie in Vegas last winter for trying to pull a fast one on me.

I'm waiting for a cab at the Gold Coast with my wife when a little old lady comes up to us and asks where we're going and if we'd mind sharing. We tell her we're going downtown; she says she lives close by and it's on the way downtown so we share the next cab. She gets dropped off at her apartment and pays the fare (maybe $5 plus a small tip) up to that point. Then the cabbie resets the meter without saying anything so we get charged an extra $3. Goodbye, tip.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:25 PM

Maybe if the stop sign had worked a little harder and gone to college it woud have gotten a better job than just standing there all day for no pay