Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2006, 07:33 AM

Default 1/2 stats post...plug more leaks or start moving up?

I've been seriously infected with the 6max bug, to the point where tonight I couldn't spend more than four orbits on a FR table without getting horribly bored. I've been four-tabling 1/2 6max instead (I usually 5-8 table 2/4 FR), and am wondering if I should start making the jump to 2/4 6max at this point, or spend a few more K hands working on what seems from the FAQ/MrWookie stats posts to be a SB leak? Steal more blinds? Too loose PF for the long term? I will admit I get donky at times, 6max HE is just so much more fun compared to the slow grind of FR [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Is the graph typical for 6max variance? I ask this question as I'm not sure whether it's just normal higher variance for SH, or if it really reflects part of my recent all-around downswing where absolutely nothing worked and everything was getting cracked or sucked out so I was skipping around limits and games, tilting, and reading a lot of BBV.

What differences between 1/2 and 2/4 6max would kill me if I moved up, besides having to build a new buddy list? Any and all advice welcome.
-joanna

Old 03-19-2006, 07:41 AM

Default Re: 1/2 stats post...plug more leaks or start moving up?

I don't possibly see how a person with your preflop stats can see showdown so much and be a winner at any limit higher than 1/2. You coldcall in the SB too much, you coldcall in every position too much, you see showdown way too much and you're running hot with a W$WSF that high and a VP$IP that high.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:36 AM

You seem to be running hot. I think you would get destroyed in the upper limits with those stats. You seem to play too many marginal hands and cold calling regularly. You go to showdown way too much and you don't steal enough. I do like your blind defense though. Try playing 30k more hands and if you are still beating it for 3bb+ then you should definitely move up.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:55 AM

Those are some nice numbers- dont know too much about interpreting these stats myself but i do know that the 2/4 game (on Party) is pretty similar to 1/2. Also if you keep posting preflop stats like that people in this forum are gonna beat you down until you're a nit like they are. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2006, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Those are some nice numbers- dont know too much about interpreting these stats myself but i do know that the 2/4 game (on Party) is pretty similar to 1/2. Also if you keep posting preflop stats like that people in this forum are gonna beat you down until you're a nit like they are. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Nit comment aside, yes I figured my VPIP was too high, perhaps due to getting so bored with FR that so far with 6max I've been having a bit of fun with playing hands I never would. Sometimes it's worked, sometimes not. I guess at 1/2 (esp. on Party) there's enough LP's to make up for it.

I will definitely be revisiting the hand charts no matter what...I'm just trying to get an idea of where I'm at in terms of running well/beating the limit/moving up since I still feel like a newbie with SH stats but it sure seems (seemed?) like I'm doing ok so far.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:44 PM

Just cut the hands you play in the sb almost in half in all spots, steal some more, and go to SD a little less. Oh and keep running well. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]