Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 08:21 PM

Default Re: I do this wrong?

i think this is probably a good fold, but i'd check the river and call a reasonable bet most of the time. you are going to be beat here a pretty good chunk of the time, but J10-K10 will be shown down occasionally, so i don't think calling a small river bet would be awful.

if you're going to bet the river, at least bet an amount that doesn't scream "i have a decent hand but i'm terrified of this board, please don't raise". i'll raise bets like that with total air pretty often, and i've said this in other threads, but there seriously is no bigger tell in the micros than bet sizes.

example:
i have any two cards, call a raise preflop IP or OOP. flop comes out, any three cards any suits. if IP I check and original raiser bets $2 into a pot of $3.60 or so. if OOP original raiser just makes that bet. i raise that to $6 nearly every time, honestly. for every time that they come over the top or flat call and i get pushed out later, i probably take the pot down in that situation 3 or 4 times. yes, that could be exploited by an opponent that realized this, but at this level most people are not going to and if they do realize it there isn't too much damage and you can reevaluate against them.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:27 PM

I definately think it's a fold on the river now that he raised you, however, I would have check called.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:29 PM

Okay word up about the bet on the river. For people saying "call a reasonable bet," what's reasonable?
Old 11-05-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay word up about the bet on the river. For people saying "call a reasonable bet," what's reasonable?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't call any river raise after 3 barreling TPTK imo. Standard Baluga Theorem.

BTW. You have to bet this turn w TPTK.

No-one will raise this river with a worse hand or even the same hand.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:04 PM

Missing a river valuebet here at this level is baaad. Bet slightly more on river. Good fold, though.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:42 AM

I think both c/c and b/f are fine, villain's range contains hands that could bluff river if we check and it also contains hands that would call a value bet - the difference is not big IMO

however if I'd decide to bet/fold I'd bet around 4$ unless I had a read on my oponent as being totally straightforward and not being tricky at all so I could be sure that he won't bluffraise a weak looking bet
Old 11-06-2007, 03:48 AM

I would c/c or c/f the river depending on villain and the bet size.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:50 AM

I dont like checking this river as a weaker 10 is checking behind and u loose value from those hands and if he has a big hand he will bet close too pot probably and u will loose more... I liked the way you played it. It makes your decission a bit easier.