Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 01:43 AM

Default Re: $6.50 - Call BTN push 5 handed

Thanks for the input. I think I give unknowns too much credit at this level and need to adjust that first. I did fold fwiw but didn't know a reasonable range for someone at the 6.50s
Old 11-06-2007, 01:47 AM

Default Re: $6.50 - Call BTN push 5 handed

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
22+,A2+,KT+,QJ. some people shove this tight. its -EV to call on this range (-0.2).

22+,A2+,K9+,QJ, JTs, T9s. Breakeven at this range, there are no antes, and youre probably a lot better than everyone else. still an easy fold at this range, all things considered.

22+,A2+,K8o+,K6s, Q4s+,Q6o+,J7s+,J9o+,T8s+,98s. +0.6 here.

i realy dont know what kind of specific range to assign someone at a 6.50, but this should give you an idea of how close it may be

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way we can assume that an unknown at at 6.5 is pushing wide enough for this to be +EV imo. The typical player is not aware of ICM stuff, and will call too loose and push too tight. I don't think a typical unknown at this level is pushing K6, Q4, J7, etc. They are typically very much worried about 'survival' or whatever, and i would put a typical player on a range of A2+, two broadways, and any PP. I don't think they're pushing wider than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd generally agree with this absent a read, and I was thinking I'd have folded as well. I think it was important to break that down for people though, its important to see what range is "easily too loose" and "easily too tight" when in doubt of how to assign a specified range.