Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 08:06 PM

Default NL10 Butchered KK, fold river?

Villain is 14/12/3.4 over 100 hands. Normally I guess I'd just push the flop, dunno what I was thinking. On the turn TP sucks out and the straight gets there on the river. Fold river as played? (I know I played this one terribly)

Titan Poker 0.05/0.10, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop | <font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($6.33)
SB ($10.56)
BB ($10.00)
UTG Hero ($10.00)
UTG+1 <font color="#C00000">UTG+1 ($6.96)</font>
CO ($35.37)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero raises to 0.40, UTG+1 calls 0.40, 4 folds.

Flop (0.95) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets 0.80, UTG+1 raises to 1.60, Hero calls 0.80.

Turn (4.15) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

River (4.15) T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, UTG+1 moves all-in for 4.96
Old 11-05-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Re: NL10 Butchered KK, fold river?

yea, not even worth critiquing the play because you know you butchered it, but fold river because:

1) you're rarely, rarely good here (obv).
2) metagame, if you showdown KK played that poorly that could mess up your image.

however, if you think you can use whatever image that'll give off to your advantage, then call knowing you're losing and exploit it (somehow) later?
Old 11-05-2007, 08:15 PM

His line on turn/river makes me about 90% sure he has a full house. His stupid check on the turn isn't fooling anyone. Fold the river as played.

but given play, you should push the flop
Old 11-05-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His line on turn/river makes me about 90% sure he has a full house. His stupid check on the turn isn't fooling anyone. Fold the river as played.

but given play, you should push the flop

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree that he has a full house and not the straight, but if you put him on a set or something like top 2 on the flop once the river hits, could we have made that read on the flop and gotten away from the KK?

i think he'll have 66 or 77 here a lot, possibly 88 (line would more or less make sense i think), but i guess this is sort of a bad spot given his stack size. if you were a little deeper i would 3 bet him on the flop to about 4 or so and fold to a shove. his stack is obviously too short to 3 bet here though and not end up with it in the middle.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i agree that he has a full house and not the straight, but if you put him on a set or something like top 2 on the flop once the river hits, could we have made that read on the flop and gotten away from the KK?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe so, because the read that he has a full house was based on his min raise of the flop, then his stupid check-behind on the turn. That's so obviously a line of "i'm pretending to be weak, so maybe he'll bet again on the river."

On the flop when he min raises me, pair+straight draw, or just straight draw hands are in his range.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe so, because the read that he has a full house was based on his min raise of the flop, then his stupid check-behind on the turn. That's so obviously a line of "i'm pretending to be weak, so maybe he'll bet again on the river."

On the flop when he min raises me, pair+straight draw, or just straight draw hands are in his range.

[/ QUOTE ]
true, didn't really think of that. i'm never folding KK here on that flop no matter what he bets (of that size of a stack), was just thinking out loud. min raises are [censored] evil imo.